Boioioioioingggg Ebay car of the day

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Numbers-Matching-Hugger-Orange-Rally-Sport-Z-28_W0QQitemZ140206365162QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

not my style, but awsome shape and stock power plant? rare

very nice. i’ve always loved those.

Thats hot. I love that color.

mmmmmmmmmmmm :slight_smile:

I remember the days before Barrett-Jackson and collectors driving the prices through the goddamn roof. A car like that could have been had for 10-15k max. E-body mopars could be had in respectable condition for 6k easy. How I miss those days.

Absolutely gorgeous and numbers matching.

Very nice et al, but yeah that price is just ridiculous…

No, that price is pretty much spot on.

I only wish that was a $25K car. (So does Joe…)

Nowadays, it’s spot on (thanks to Barret-Jackson). 7 years ago, it’d better be a concours yenko for that price. (well, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but you get my point). It’s a nice resto, but it’s been highly modified (from a pure-restoration standpoint), and RS/Z28’s aren’t as uncommon as you’d think. GM didn’t keep records of option combinations, but it’s estimated that at least 15% of Z28’s were RS/Z28’s. There were nearly 1/4 of a million 69 camaros made, over 20,000 of which were Z28’s. While 3000+ RS/Z28’s doesn’t sound like much, by comparison in 1971 there were only a TOTAL of 26,300 Dodge Challenger’s made, of which only 3,814 were R/T’s, and those were selling for around 10k fully-restored back in the late 90’s. Now thanks to B-J, a basket case 318 Challenger will run you 10k. Yeah, I’m bitter.

Too bad the new camaro is not retro! The 69’s are the most coveted. I like it but lean more tawrds the 70-73 run.

same here. always loved 69’s

67-69 > all other camaro’s hands down. end/

:word: :slight_smile:

Agreed… but the deals are still out there. I bought my '68 fastback for well under fair pricing, and found the car was in better shape than I expected.

Mopars are a different story, however, and E-bodies in particular have skyrocketed. Only Dodge/Plymouth from that era worth more on average are the winged warriors, and I’d much rather have a '70 AAR and the better balance and looks, IMO.

Now even a detuned '74 Barracuda is a $40k car…

so clean and what a sexy looking car. :tup:

wow :tup:

Word to ya motha!! OMFG I want that car lol. I set the pic as my background.

like the color combo and love that front end style. great car, crazy price i guess thats what they are all goin for now though like mopar said too bad because rich collectors will buy all of the last muscle cars up and they will never get driven or enjoyed again. I saw a guy at a car show in amherst mustang meet last summer, this guy has a 429 boss and he said hes never driven it.he says its insured for 250k and its always been on the trailor never even drove it down the street such a shame.

The 429 Boss is owned by my friend Jim. That is one of his many rare and expensive Stangs. I harass him for not driving it too, but with a car that is worth that $, sometimes it’s hard to take the risk. He drives all of his other cars though. The restoration on the 429 cost more than some people’s houses if you need a comparison :slight_smile: So it is his show trailer queen.