Boosted honda People !!!!

bingo. it could be detonation FYI. so def keep that in mind.

You guys joke too much, just help the guy out here…

Sounds like common d-series issues, the piston return springs are going bad and thats the first sign. Swap them out for a set of beefy aftermarket ones like eibach and you will be good to go.

:rofl:rofl

Im fuckin crying

and I agree with these statements

burnt piston. you heard it here first folks.

twice? :lol

ok seriously… this is serious post.

back off the boost a bit, youre probably making more boost in 4th, more load = more boost.

if youve got an MBC back it off a click or 2, if not close the gap up a bit, if neither help it, you might need an ignition amplifier of some sort, like an HKS DLI.

Thank you

I have barley beat on it ,The car was completley warmed up.

:facepalm

Ahahaha

Laduke I am talking out side air temp. If the car was tuned on a 90 degree day then when its 40 out it will run lean causing detonation. Continue to do so will result in a melted piston. Best of luck

This is where a wideband would come in

I dont think hes smart enough to listen to these statements hence why there is a thread full of people bashing his intelligence.

For someone who modded his first car, and then bought a modded car…

I feel as thou he doesnt even have the basic understanding of modifying/owning a modified vehicle…

GTFO, I know enough about this car. Reason being why I bought it.

Thought id post it to get answer about the missfires occuring. I am getting a wideband for christmas so until then no wideband.Today getting a distributor and seeing if that is the problem.

And BTW, the Jetta was modded before I even bought it. The owner cobb jobbed it even before I owned the car.It sat at the dealership for about a month right after I bought it fixing the previous owners issues. You have no right to talk about something you dont know about nor know me.

The fact that the prev owner did not even have a wideband in a vehicle that would clearly need it, and your neglect to do so yourself and still get on the car shows me you dont…

A wide band is a must especially in a vehicle that was never intended for boost.

If your talking something like a VR4/300ZX/Turbd VW/Suby etc… you ca nget away without one becuase the car/ecu are tuned from factory for it, even if you crank the boost up a bit the ECU has the ability to correct for it.

In your situation, the margin is very slim…

The wideband was removed before the previous owner.This car was tuned and built.The guy that first owned the car did it, had all this shit and took it out when he sold it.The setup is built for boost…

We got that buddy. Not saying it isnt built properly, just stating that weather (temp, Humidity, elevation…) changes a tune big time. I dont know dick about the tuneing used on your honda ecu, so I cant comment about what it can or should do. but I doubt it can adapt out 50deg ambient temp differences, with boost that wasnt designed of the computer.

What they are saying is , a external wideband gauge is one of the most important devices in any car modified beyond what the ecu was developed to do. Without that you are completely in the dark when it comes to how your car is running afr wise.

My suggestion, to weed out deto and lean conditions… Take the car down the road a few blocks. short shift into 2nd and run it full boost to redline heading back towards your house… get a nice run under full load and what not but dont kill anyone on your road. lol. once you hit redline, press in the clutch and cut the ignition, coast into your drive way. Let it cool off a bit and pull the plugs. If they are black, your rich, if they are tan your good to go, if they are white, your lean, if the electrode is busted off, your lean by ALOT. lol

if it is lean, and you cant tune it computer wise at the moment… turn down the boost a few psi, and if your fueling is physically adjustable (adj FPR on the rail or something) turn that up a bit.