Bought two cars in the past month...

I purchased an Audi A3 TDI from my dealership about a month ago, it had the premium package on it and I loved the thing. Crazy good gas mileage, dsg transmission, a blast to drive and a ton of room. Sadly three weeks ago I got hit at about 50mph by a girl in her Jeep Commander and the result is below, totaled. The interior was destroyed as everything went off and the frame was shot along with the motor etc etc. I would totally recommend this car to anyone, loved it.

However I couldn’t find one for a deal like I did from my dealership so I decided to dial down my spending and buy a 2006 330i. I have loved these things since they came out, super solid and fun to drive. So I waited to find the perfect one and I did. Got a solid deal on it too. White on cinnamon, 6 speed, sport, premium, and cold weather packages. Love the thing, definitely have plans for that are already in motion such as ridding of the wood grain trim, csl 19" wheels and tons of reconditioning. C&C welcome

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/steve2k1116/IMG_8558_zps2f7f0f2e.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/steve2k1116/IMG_1877_zpsebad7971.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/steve2k1116/IMG_1880_zpsd8698df7.jpeg

Very nice…glad you got it home ok :tup:

danm…

ball park, what can you pick one of those E90 330s up for?
and what kind of mileage are you getting?

Nice pick up Steve. Cant wait to see what this one transforms into.

it really depends on options etc but they’re holding their value. This one has 51k miles, one owner, stick, loaded and the color combo I wanted so I payed a premium. Most low mileage like this one are going for $17-18k all day. High miles obviously less. If you have one maintained well these go forever.

Thanks buddy! Get over here and lets do them damn fenders

Thanks buddy, friend of my dads ended up having a dealer plate so it went smooth :tup:

I’ve got some 19" VMRs you might like. :wink:

I look forward to seeing what it turns into. But that sucks about the A3. I’ve been eyeing those up for a while. What kind of gas mileage were you getting with it?

Hah I figured we’d be in touch for this or other things, pm me your number I don’t believe I have it? Mileage wise I was beating the piss out of it city and high way and averaging nearly 40mpg. I’m not sure what it got for each specifically though

Sorry to hear about the A3! Nice replacement, is it going to be a year round driver? Snows for the winter time?

oh and burnouts!

yes yes and more yes! This is the daily, nice snows in the winter with a snowboard rack and nice wheels in the summer with burnouts and such :tup:

Super solid daily. My brother regrets selling the one that he had. One of the last NA inline 6 motors from BMW. Great car and optioned perfect :tup:
How many miles on it?

Couldn’t agree more, just passed 51k miles

Damn, sucks about the a3 but what a great replacement.

I’m still kicking myself for foregoing a true MT and getting a TDI A3. They never made the TDI in manual which is dumb. my 2.0t a3 cannot even hit 25mpg mixed.

For real? My 2.0T A3 broke high-20’s on long trips.

]

Mixed (in southern CA.) I’ll push 30 on trips, don’t get me wrong… but the bulk of my driving nets low 20’s… meh.

what happened to the A3? willing to sell parts if you still have it?

I’ve owned my A3 for years now and it’s got like 155k. I get 28-32 highway, 22-24 absolutely beating on it around town. The APR tune probably helped for 1-2mpg.

@theblue

PM me details on the tune or ‘chipping’ it. I am new to the game. Are you saying that you net 1-2mpg better WITH the tune?

Sorry sir, it’s long gone. Buy back was way to much from Geico

yes, you get power torque AND better gas mileage lol

So I purchased a bunch of stuff that I need to bring this car up to my needs, bought a new cup holder for the one that’s broken, bmw oem roof rack, bmw oem lazer cut rubber mats(super nice), and matt black kidneys. Also bought a head light restore kit to help with the fogginess and paint to paint the tarnished chrome side trim and to paint the terrible interior wood trim. Will follow up with pictures, hopefully it goes to plan. Should be sorted out once done

I must have missed the part where you said you ordered coilovers and wheels.

don’t paint the interior trim. if you ever decide you don’t like it or want to change it up, you won’t be able to get it off and it’ll look like shit. buy 2 rolls of high quality 3M vinyl wrap in your favorite pattern/color and go to town. It’s easily reversible and much easier to apply than paint

• Updated - - -

I used this and like it a lot http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotchprint-Series-Brushed-BR-201/dp/B005AVKIB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+wrap+stainless

more of a dark theme http://www.amazon.com/Black-Brushed-Vinyl-Release-3MIL-VViViD8/dp/B00L9IYDS2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1408132367&sr=8-9&keywords=3m+wrap+stainless

There are a ton of options out there and each will provide a MUCH more uniform and professional look compared to even the best rattle can job