Brain Teaser thread

Happy bday was easy, I got it too without googling.

Go on wikipedia

LOL, you’re the one that bragged about it Gonad :stuck_out_tongue:

I already had my cookie. Otherwise I’d post a picture of it too :o

Mark, answer to yours: add ANT to the words to form a new word.

i sense a riddle there too…didnt we have a thread about this word already?

yea i dont think the IR is supposed to be there…

is it?

GT

the whole line is made up words that gonad taught me

now riddle me this:

A farmer in California owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 12 boughs and each bough has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?

none, its a pear tree?

Speaking of Brain teasers, I’ll offer one of my favourite moments in TV history:

Hahahaha, brilliant! The dime and nickel was also on scrubs.

I crack up everytime at the last part :rofl:

Dwight: “A hunter…”
Ryan: “It’s a polar bear because you’re at the north pole”

ANSWER

This one pwned you all apparently.

Wild Man Dave said: “You will boil me in water.” The fairies were faced with a dilemma. If they boil him in water, that would make his statement true, which means he should have been fried in oil. They can only fry him in oil if he makes a true statement, but if they do, it would make his final statement false. The fairies had no way our of their situation so they were forced to set Wild Man Dave free.

You are on a ship, over the side hangs a rope ladder with half meter rungs. The tide rises a half meter per hour. At the end of five hours, how much of the ladder will remain above the water assuming that nine rungs were above the water when the tide began to rise?

the damn ship would be sunk, no? :smiley:

Ships float, the buoyancy of the ship’s hull would not be changed based on tides and the water level would be the same in reference to the ship, so it would be the same amount of rungs, so nine.

o shit i got pwnt by the riddle ;[

Not really into the whole riddle thing…but that one is brilliant!

i got that rungs one.

its like that one where a frog is crawling up a well that is 30 ft. high. The frog starts at the bottom but he can climb 3 ft per minute. however, over that same minute he must take a couple breaks and over those breaks he slides down 2 ft.

how many minutes will it take him to get out of the well?

Is it 28 minutes?