BUICKfication?

Interesting Build

Remortgage his and his parents house? What an idiot. To build a car that might fetch $200k in real money at a real auction?

I do like the car and concept, but jesus

Interesting for sure but :tif:

What’s with the huge pipe running through the cabin of the car? So much attention to detail but he couldn’t re-route that?

Car looks really pretty actually … anyone that re-mortgages a house to build a car is retarded.

anyone who thinks they are gonna get paid for the hours they spent building a car is an idiot. unless you are restoring like an all original one of a kind whatever to a T but even then you probably wouldnt make that money back.

and to remortgage 2 houses. are you fuckin nuts?

• Updated - - -

intake for the rear mounted turbos. i agree there could be better ways to route that

Figured that’s what it was after studying the picture in the link again … but that brings up another good point. He has a huge engine bay in that Buick and he decided to run a rear-mounted turbo? that’s another piss poor decision.

[sarcasm]Not true, the engine bay was so cramped that he had to move the wheels:[/sarcasm]

In order to give the car more umph, Mr Launier fitted a huge 6.2 litre twin-turbocharged Chevrolet engine that was so big he was forced to move the front wheels forward in order to get it in

For the rear mounted turbos. I agree something could have been done to avoid this.

Car isn’t really my style but I really don’t hate it. Some nice custom/show work for sure.

Without a doubt it’s very pretty, there are just a few details along the way that kind of spoil the build.

The Front wheel fitment is pretty bad, those door bars in the interior are weird and the exhaust exit looks like a butthole.

Pause it at 1:15 and you’ll see the engine bay is only cramped because he decided to put that enourmous scoop on the hood. Otherwise he has space for days.

Seriously. What the fuck is that all about?

if they did this on a Corvette there should be plenty of room on that car

what a nightmare. That guy is a tard - people need to understand not everyone is cutout for customs, just like home design!

Has 10 cubic yards of hood space and put the turbos in the rear?? If your gonna spend big money on a clean custom with a induced motor your gonna wanna see the shit.

Q: Where’s the turbo?
A: “Oh is in the rear under the back seat!!”

What, are you suppose to keep windows up and AC cranked so the cabin acts as your intercooler??

And WTF is up with the ape-hanger for a stick shift?

I say $100K will be tough…$200K max at a auction!

He’s in it for 290k, he enjoys it, and if need be he could maybe pull 200k out of it if lucky.

If you look at the percentages on that, he’s doing better than @newman on the rb26e30 (which I’d much rather own btw)

and yes… I fucking hate it.

I love rivs from those years, but I think this goes too far toward the hot wheels end of style for my liking