Building collapses in Midtown Manhattan, cause still unknown

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/54605.php

I fucking decided to drive to work today because it was nice out, total drive time, hour, 20 minutes.

Usual drive time : 30 minutes.

It was pretty surreal though, I was stuck in traffic on the 1st Ave (which is about 4 avenue blocks away) and I fucking FELT that shit in my car, then I saw a huge black line of smoke and was like “uh, maybe I should turn the radio on and see wtf is up…”

yea i read this on cnn. hopefully they will have a reason soon.

they are thinking explosion???

Early speculation is a gas leak => explosion from that => fire from explosion => building’s structural integrity shot => build collapsing.

ahhhhhhhh…cnn is updated like every couple of minutes so ill keep looking

Heard about that.

I love how the news tries to make it sound like it might be a terrorist thing but they don’t actually come out and say it. It was a 3 story building from what the reports are saying. Probably gas.

Sometimes they forget that there job is to report the news not make it.

my bet is that it is Bush that caused this…

or maybe a NK missle landed on the building but was a dud…

but seriously

IT WAS

CCRABB PPPPEEEOOPPLLLLEEEE

interesting…i just woke up so it’s news to me…i’ll have to check this out more later today

foxnews reports that a doctor was possibly trying to commit suicide…

fat chic on the top floor doing aerobics?

N. Korea set us up the bomb. All are base are belong to them.

lol. man og

:lol:

they were saying on the news that it was a suicide attempt, the the building was being rumored to be sold soon, and that the ‘victim’ was suicidal

^ they found the owner in the basement, fucked up but alive. Thats where the fire started.

fox news sucks
who in their right mind believes fox news?

People who prefer to get their news with a little right spin, instead of a little left spin like CNN, or a lot of left spin like CBS.

My favorite was CNN reporting that Larry King was nearby saying, “it sounded like a bomb”. No asshole, it sounded like an explosion. You just have to get the word bomb in there though to play up the drama as much as possible.

Howie, do you know what intersection this was near? Some of the surrounding buildings look familiar to me… near christina perhaps?

nah, much lower, it was 62nd btwn park and mad

crispy is on 82