Buisness Credit.

K, heres the deal. I have been the Little man to go to for about 2 years now to get Cheap vinyl cut. Well I want to get bigger and better. to do so, I have to upgrade my equipment. Now I like that i have No overhead being it lets me offer the prices i do. But pretty much the question is, How do I Get credit as a Buisness?

Like I’m sure i have to get a License and shit, I already have a Tax ID Number / Employeer Number. But I’d like to get this going and be able to order alot of shit so I have it on hand. Normally I wait untill an order is placed and charge the customer the price of the roll for his/hers project.

“Does this make sense?”

Any help is good!

go talk to your bank and explain what you’re looking to do :tup:

Grab a DBA, $30 or something like that at your local county office.
You don’t need an employee # unless you want to employ people later.
A tax ID is needed, since you should be collecting tax on all sales done in NY.

Take your DBA papers to the bank and open some biz credit. You’ll probably just need credit, or you can get a revolving line of credit if you need cash more then credit.

At first the amount of biz credit you get is based on your personal credit.
25k is about the most they’ll give you without asking for compensation. So just slap that # on the limit your asking for and you should at least get 10-15k if your credit has no negative and ok score. If you got a good score you should get 25k no problem. Bad scores 10k max i’d say.

So i would just grab a DBA then head to the bank, you get the paperwork the same day.

You don’t need to LLC or INC, since your biz isn’t one that people will probably sue you, i wouldn’t worry about it and stick with a DBA for now.