Bum (legitimate bum) in a new style LANCER...

I see this dude almost every morning.

Car:
Year: 07-08
Make: Mitsubishi
Color: Sunburst Orange
Model: Lancer
Trim: Base
Apparent Aftermarket Uprades: None

Driver
Year: 45-55 years old
Make: Africa?
Color: Black
Model: Homeless?
Trim: Dirty mesh shorts over super dirty grey sweatpants, layered dirty HOODLESS bills sweatshirts (always the SAME clothes too…)
Appartent Aftermarket Upgrades: Dirt. Huge Dirty Beard. Filth.

Occupation
Collecting cans from garbage cans at bus stops on Bailey EVERY MORNING, then throwing them willy-nilly into the trunk/back seat of his NEW CAR. There is no way that car isn’t sticky as hell and reek of stale beer.

I just don’t understand what the heck is going on here. Sure, appearances can be deceiving, but if you can afford a new car, i think you could also afford not to be absolutely covered in filth and COLLECTING CANS FROM TRASH BINS?!?!?!?!?

Anyone know the story with this guy? AFrank, Dreid, RX3… Looking your way… (jk jk jk!!! :smiley: )

Anyone related to this guy? Looking your way, Hot Rod Kid…

This will not end well… :drama2:

lol

:snky:

i have to pay for the racecar some how.

This shit has been happening for, uhh, a while.

What shit? People collecting cans in brand new 17000 dollar cars?

yes.

grow up on the east side.

“bums” have been collecting cans & scrap metal since before it was “Newman cool”.

Stolen?

my mind is blown.

He only has to pick up 6,000 cans a month to make his car payment.

It was pretty hilarious on the west coast of Africa.

Everyone had a baller car and was homeless…no cans though…they still drink pepsi in those big glass bottles.

In before Newman collects cans in Range to pay for new built STI motor.

lol.

it seems like all that driving and idling time would barely turn a profit…

i mean if that car get 20mpg city and he drives 30 miles on his can route, he needs to collect 120 cans just to break even.

it’s not about profit.

if there was profit involved, he’d be able to “move on up”.

subsistence.

:lol:

It’s got to be pretty hard to subsist homeless with a car payment…

I wonder where he got financing…

30 miles & 120 cans?

that’s 4 cans a mile.

1 can every 1320 feet…

Do you realize how ridiculously EASY that would be?

i dont really get how its “newman cool” to pick up scrap metal. im with him every day and only a handful of times did he make me pull over for a can he saw on teh side of the road.

i grew up on the east side. what you sain mutha pucka, we all be collectin canz?

it was awhile back but I remember an article about a can guy in NYC who made $150K