Burning music help

aight guys i wanna get some of the music off my computer & a couple friends want me to burn them some cd’s …and was told that converting to mp3 makes it so i can fit more on a disc & works like that in the newer head units that are mp3 ready

what program do i use or how i do it ? ?

you just put them in folders (on your desktop for example) Then just copy each folder, with however many songs in each folder) to a disc.

if you already have it on your computer then it’s more than likely already in mp3 format so you can hold more music.

The program I use is Nero, you can download it free but I think it has limitations, unless you can find a full version somwehre online (coughlimewirecough)

Then just choose new project and you can make it under Data Disc. Then just load them onto the disc like files and folders normally seen in something like My Computer. Most CD decks will read it immediately and decode them/display the folder/track/title…\

Shoot me an IM if you have any other questions… That way I can look at it on my home computer.

chris, burn a ‘data disk’ rather than a music disk to make an MP3 cd…

whatever you name the folders containing the songs will be the menu on the car’s MP3 player…

what do i use to burn with ?

and thanks for all the help guys…:grouphug:

I use Nero for all of my burning, from CD’s to DVDs…

I got a few full copies if you need one, give a call…

if i need ya…but if i dont need the program to do what i want

nero or sonic works real good too

hey man check this site out

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/easy-mp3-wav-converter.htm

you can download this program which is a music file converter. if you have music files that are not in *.mp3 format, say *.wav, then you can select those *.wav files and convert them to *.mp3. you can do one at a time or your whole library of music.
to burn the cd you don’t even need any burning software if you don’t have one. windows xp comes with a built in software program that will burn data and/or music onto cd’s. all you do is right click and copy all the music you want and then open up windows explorer, put a blank cd in, and paste the music to which ever cd drive you blank disc is in. then select the File menu and select write these files to cd and voila. but if you have cd burning software then that is the way to go.
you can fit 160 to 200 songs on a single cd depending on how big the music files are. my cobalt came with an mp3 player installed and it’s freakin sweet. i have 5 cd’s with about 180 songs each.

as dude said… you can copy paste to the d: drive (cd burner drive) and go to file write to disk.

otherwise i use roxio or some other burning software to burn… :mrT:

When adding music to your library, iTunes recognizes if a music file is not .mp3/4 format and will prompt you to convert it upon import. This is the case mainly with .wav and .wma’s.

Fuck iTunes 100%

Just stick to winamp and Nero or the Roxio programs, it’s really easy to walk through.

even i know this too…lol

pppfffssshh!!!..whatever!

thanks again guys…sorry for all the questions i’m still a noob at burn’n cd’s :smiley:

since im not the only newb to burning cd’s does anyone know how to convert itunes m4p’s to mp3’s i can only find converter’s that do other fromat’s that arent protected

Look at these man. All the ones I looked at are free to try then at least $25 to buy.
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=mp4%20to%20mp3%20converter&tag=srch

sweeet so i’m not the one 1…:rofl: