burnyD's 1990 toyota Celica Alltrac....

:bowrofl:

:rofl:

holy shit Dan!
this project it taking its good old time… I know you have your reasons but the longer it sits the more you must be losing your mind. Oh wait you already did. two words “auto honda”
Get it back on the road, pm me with the parts you need from my brother.

haha, well the reason I have the auto civic is so I dont spend any money on it, its a good daily driven car I wont put any money into like the mr2 I wanted to 3sgte swap which was just a dumb idea being I have the alltrac as a project already.

Yah I took my good old time with it so I could pay off school for the next two semesters before I started cracking into the rest of the car… Im going to call alex today I need some random odds and ends for the car…

So far here is a list of things I need done before I p ut the car back together…

Necessities
Water Pump
Timing Belt
Plugs
Wires
Dizzy cap
Fuel filter
Intake
Valve cover gasket
Alternator
Alternator Belt
Speed source Poly Mounts
Fluids
Rotors
Random bolts that broke…
random Vac lines…
Resurface flywheel

None necessities
Bigger fmic
better Intercooler Piping
Painted Valve cover
3sge Cams
3sge Intake manifold.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It’s fantastic to know that even though we can’t make fun of you for being fat anymore, you will still provide us with all of the ammo we need to get the job done.

Can someone recall the pic of burnyD working on the blue Celica on the side of the road with plumber’s crack?

no more xlogik no more care!

So anywho… got the wiring off of the USDM motor… I have to pull the tranny off of the usdm motor as well… I called Blitz who makes my twin plate to see if I could possibly get clutch disks for my car and unfortunately they discontinued clutchs for alltrac/mr2s :(. So ill have to see what type of life is left and go from there… I also have to get the flywheel resurfaced this weekend.

For those of us less initiated in 20 year old econo-boxes turned rally cars, is the JDM motor really that much more 1337 than the USDM motor to make it worth all this work? For less time/money/effort couldn’t the USDM motor just be modded? Or are there actual major differences?

-TJ

well the motor that was in the car had 160kish on it… it was tired. Locked in the bottom end… figured I could get a rebuild which would cost who knows how much or get a 30-40kish Jdm motor with a tranny that has the same mileage on it aswell.

Difference wise is 25hp, Its pretty much all in the computer.

basicly More aggressive timing/fuel maps higher fuel cut no egr valve makes up for the usdm version that makes 200hp to the jdm version that makes 225hp.

also its always nice to part out the usdm motor once its running to get some money out of the ecu wiringharness and some other odds and ends due to these cars being so rare.

Fair 'nough.

-TJ

A local who races a Alltrac was faced with the same decision after the end of last year, I think he melted the pistons on the stock one. After looking are factory rebuilds he found a stroker kit that pushed the motor out to 2.3L or something? (sorry not real familiar with them). He said for the price it was almost the same as rebuilding it stock, but now it makes more power and has better internals. Sort of a homebuilt effort so its not pretty, but its fast as hell and has won SM a few times against EVO’s and Subys.

yah thats martin, hes on alltrac.net he doesnt post much I have met him a few times…he did a bunch of really crazy stuff with using a Mr2 diff in the front… but the car has a t3/t4 on it… I got to see it last about two years ago at autox cross at beaver run its a awesome car…

Yea Martin is a good guy. Look up the user “gtfour77” on youtube he has a ton of vids. He did a bunch of crazy stuff with the front suspension moving ball joints trying to correct the car’s roll centers. But like I said it really seems to be working well for him this season he just won his first ProSolo down in D.C. He’ll be out at beaverun this weekend both days for the PVGP autox.

I have all this new (minus alternator of course, its used). you want? me sell!

Just bought an alternator last night, if you have the alt belt up and there OEM toyota let me know I can swing by this weekend.