Bush considering $800 tax rebate to boost US economy

This isn’t going to fix anything.

Neither party should back this.

We should stop all the partisan bullshit in this thread and unify behind this being a bad idea.

And no, “But I can buy a TV now!!!” doesn’t make it a good idea.

Yeah I am not sold on this idea. Should it happen I will gladly accept the money and put it against principle on my mortgage, but I think any economic effect this money has will be short lived.

If they were going to do this and pay for it by cutting 140 billion in spending I’d be ok with it, but they won’t. So either they’ll pay for it with more taxes, which defeats the purpose, or more debt, which is why the dollar is so devalued. Yes, that is overly simplified but I don’t feel like going into all the details at 10:30 on a Friday.

save it

asshole.

i thought we could pool our money, and go in on coke and hookers. now i am going to have to do something productive with the money.

I would buy something that cost about 5g’s on a credit card. Think of how many months of minimum payment i could make with $800. Then i could deal with it later.

:eyebrow:

U mad?

Its “the eyebrow” lol. Nah just more…awe?

From what I’m hearing a lot of dem’s (not all) don’t really care for this plan. And again, when it comes down to this countries debt look to Bush. At least when the dem’s come up with a plan like childrens health care you know where the money will be coming from.

And who controlled the congress when Bush did this back in his first administration?

I have revised my plan. Instead im going to the BMW dealer and buying a M3 because i heard they have good resale.

Amen, now we talking.

LOL but to be serious it would go into savings or maybe my IRA.

And who controls it now? Face it, your party spends just as bad as mine.

Now I am thinking of some really loud exhaust for my n/a ford focus, made in Japan.

heres an idea if this actually happens…

SAVE IT… you already didnt have it so you wont miss it, so store it away for a rainy day…

for those people who randomly lose their job, for those people who want down payments on things… just tuck it away…

ugh i know im only speaking to deaf ears, but believe me, i know what its like to need money when i dont have it, and how hard it is to save it when the account starts off at 0

True but at least we’ll find a way to pay for it. You blame dem’s for raising taxes but where are your rants about republican spending?

Between Regan and Bush republican presidents don’t have a good record on how to spend a dollar and where that dollar comes from.

Can’t wait to see how better our country will be when we have a Democratic President and Congress in control!

:headbang:I look forward to '09!

I like your thinking :-p

Naw its going in the savings.

man thats a short list of products.

Form what I understand of this, they are not giving you $800. They are basically giving you and $800 advance on your tax return. so they’re giving u $800 of your own money, essentially. overall, I find it very hard to believe that the government is just going to start handing out checks for $800 to everyone.

and if it did happen, I’d save it or put it in a CD

dude, dude, dude, DDDUUUUUDDDEEEE… seriously…

you do know you have to have N x that $800 to even get close to amount back they are stating, for some reason I don’t see you getting more than $200 back out of this.