Bush considering $800 tax rebate to boost US economy

theoretically, you spend the money, demand for shit goes up, companies need more workers, workers get more money, they spend that, and so on and so forth. however in this case it would be like the gov’t borrows from foreign interests, gives you a check, you buy foreign-made products with it, and between your purchase and the interest you pay, you help everybody else instead.

Since I am “rich” according to the democrats, I will probably not be eligable for the rebate.

last time they did this it appeared to work… people spent most of the money putting it back into the system.

anyone remember that debt we have as a country?

Too bad they can’t make it a “gift certificate” for American made products, (Not valid at WalMart).:slight_smile:

Drifter, although I like you as a person, I really hope you sit around naked…

Point being, otherwise you don’t buy only american, so don’t be so quick to judge.

I am not judging, I just want to help the US of A.
I do buy less Chinese than most though.
The boots(Lowa) I have on were made in Germany and my shirt(KUHL) was made in Canada.

Manufacturing days and industrial America is basically done now, or at least until third world companies become more developed and can no longer be a viable means of production.

It’s a service based industry now, and a global economy. Instead of needing to be concious of a fellow Contrymen, we now need to shift our thinking and be concious of a our fellow men.

I’m such a damn hippy sometimes.

^ I don’t want to go off topic so we will talk about manufacturing later, you damn hippy.:biglaugh:

yay

YAY! Im gonna go to wal-mart because i have a middle class job and have to save because all sorts of manufacturing jobs are going out of the country and im afraid im gonna lose my job. WAIT? Its maid in China? Who cares! Its cheap!

ARGGHHH…Wal-Mart…They are trying to help a problem that they themselves create.

yeah that’s the spirit, everyman

Band-aid. Bullet wound. I hate this sort of crap.

Um…thank you?

First off if you don’t like this plan, which I don’t either blame your president, this is the second time he has done this in his administration. He’s the one putting this country in billions of dollars of debt.

But I do agree with you about people and credit cards. I’m about 5k in debt and its pissing me off trying to lower it.

sweet $800 in torn woooot. :tup:

Canada ballet

800 singles, make it rain on them hoes

^^ Im going to a strip club…in Canada.

Wrong. He suggested it and said it should be 1% of the countries GDP. Your(read democrat) controlled congress is in charge of coming up with the details. Or they could just as easily say “we’re not going to spend this money we don’t have”. But they won’t, because everyone wants to claim giving America this refund for the election coming up.

seriously, what does 800 dollars do for people?

I’ll take it and throw it in my hsbcdirect account I suppose, but printing money that the gvmt doesn’t have is stupid.