butler area: anyone want to get into MMA?

theres a gym here who is just starting classes and i was wondering if anyone was interested in trying it out.

they have classes on tuesday and thursday nights plus an open gym on saturdays(not sure what time) but thats when you can go in a nd just work out or whatever.

it $45 a month and they currently have a campion holder kickboxer, a jui-jitsu instructor. and then a couple high level wrestlers and a guy who is a kickboxer/boxer.

its somewhat informal but everyone works hard.
weights range from 155lbs(me) the whole way up to 350lbs
and i think there is gonna be a boxer who only weighs 120ish

pm me if interested
zaccari

God I’d love to, not enough time in a day for 2 jobs, sleep, food, lifting, riding AND MMA training. If I didn’t land my job I would of honestly considered going all out and trying to compete. Love the sport. I’d get smashed in my weight class though, tall guys dont fair well in the 160lb area.

Good luck and have fun.

im a hair under 6’2" and easily fit into the 155lb weight class. if i try really hard i can get into 145. height is a huge advantage actually with both JJ and striking. you only have trouble if you run into some 5’5" ball of muscle that really weighs 180lbs.(sean sherk)

give up lifting and start taking classes near you man, youll get so much more out of it.

your location says pittsburgh, where are you at?
there is a good place in wexford and there is another one in robinson

i’d imagine at 220lb i’d be in a very scary weight class…

no thanks.

y pay to go there…

i can save the money and go to kolars house to get the shit kicked out of me

whos house?

wtf are you talking about?

its gym with a full size ring, matted floors, a bunch of heavy bags, a speed bag, weights, and gear.

plus everything i mentioned above… donkey

kolar =1320= douchebag

and the reason you’re calling me a douchebag?

wow newbie calm down, hes calling kolar a douche bag. his name on the board is 1320. soo look at the equation shaggy posted and tell me where you get that he is calling you a douche bag at?

kolar= 1320= douche bag

maybe you shouldnt do MMA cause the way your brain is working i dont think you can afford many more hits to the head

sounds sweet, just 2 far for me. Theres a place in S hills I would go to but even thats a nice hike.

i wasnt getting hostile, i was just wondering

and just because i dont have 6,000 posts doesnt mean im a newb

I might be interested once school lets out for the summer and I have the time to put into it.

NEWB

BE

better watch it…he is in the MMA he might come kick your ass

he will forget your name in 5 seconds don’t worry.

:eek3: oh noes

can you just go whenever you want to? because i would liek to go in the summer, maybe like end of juneish…

Wellish, Noish noneish careish aboutish yourish selfish stopish postingish

im trying to get information about the topic of the thread, whether its a one time thing or not. you dont need to be a dick about it