buying a car without seeing it

ok, might as well reveal the :snky: and stop acting like a 12 year old that doesnt wanna tell his friends about his new toy. and i know i swore i’d never start another car buying thread again, but please hear me out on this one:

i’ve been wanting a 1998-2002 black 6 speed Pontiac Trans Am WS6 since i was about 13 or 14. out of all the ‘oh! oh! i want this!’ phases ive went though with cars, this is one of two (the other is more of a long term project that im saving fro when im older and have money to throw around) cars that i have consistently wanted. dont get me wrong, i love the truck, but i seriously think its cursed (1st summer i had it, i got in an accident 3 weeks after getting it and it took the place a month and a half to fix it cuz they kept messing it up, and then we all know what happened this past summer) and in the 2 years ive owned it, ive only clocked about 5,000 miles on it. i think its time to move on and make a car payment on something that i actually want and know will hold value and i will be keeping for a very, very long time. This is also a car that i would keep completely stock, aside from a set of Flowmasters out back. I’d be perfectly happy with it otherwise.

that said, the car in question is a 1998 black WS6 6 speed, it has 93,000 miles on it, is owned by an older gentleman who bought it from the service manager at a GM dealer (original owner). It is for sale on LS1tech.com. the miles seem a bit high, but heres my thoughts on that: with a car like this, its either hit or miss, regardless of miles. you can have a car that has 150,000 on it and was owned by someone who babied it and took really good care of it; or you could have a car that has 30,000 miles on it that some 17 year old owned and beat the piss out of. I learned this the hard way with my truck: 60,000 miles and kaboom goes the engine.

the car is stock, with the exception of SLP headers and SLP exhaust, and the ‘skip shift delete’ program thing (cant remember what its called). the only thing wrong with it is the headlight motors are burned out and the power antenna is no longer power. the guy is asking 12 grand, but i think i could get him down to 10. he admitted that he is in no hurry to sell the car, as i explained that i need to sell my truck first, and i am just looking around a little right now, and he said to let him know when i sell the truck and he will prob still have the car for sale. the car is in IL and has been garaged winters.