buying a car without seeing it

and you complain that the blazer gets horible gas mileage :biglol:

x2

Especially if you want this to stay nice.

well, its not gonna be a car that doesnt come out unless its over 70 degrees and hasnt rained for 3 days prior and its not gonna rain at all that bullshit some people go though…i mean, im buyng the car because i want to drive it. but i have the Blazer and the Impala (whichever my mom leaves me with when she trades one in on a new car in the spring) to drive year-round as well.

id be willing to bet that the 6 speed ws6 gets better milage than the Blazer (as long as im not driving it like an asshat)

Sounds good. :tup: If you can get it for around $10k, that sounds like a good price too. And yeah, I believe those cars get 26+ mpg if you’re just crusing on the highway.

27 I still have my original window sticker :headbang:

What do you think this will go for?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-99-Firebird-TA-Trans-Am-TransAm-12-2-qtr-PERFECT_W0QQitemZ160057934513QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6427QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sharp car…but a 350???

LS1 are still a 5.7L right? But it is technically a 346ci. Most people still seem to call it a 350.

I had a bad expierence,i was jk though.Get the facts and the bad spots on the car.Make sure all electrical things work and when you drive it test it to the rev limiter .You never know if it cuts out or something unless you try

I didn’t read the thread, but there’s nothing that keeps you from turning around and heading home if the car isn’t as described. A few hundred bucks for a plane ticket is a lot worse than a car you don’t want.

Bought a bunch of cars on the internet.

First car I bought was my 95 tbird lx. Bought it on ebay, from a private party. Drove to this real rural area of north carolina. The guy sent me about 10 640x480 digital pictures, the car looked chameleon blue. I get there and its green. Turns out his camera sucked but the car was really nice. Bought it from a shut-in old man for a good price, the thing only had 39k miles on it.

Another time I was going to buy a subaru from this guy on autotrader in Illinois. I called the guy, he seemed straightforward. Told him I was going to pick the car up on such and such a date. He’s like ok great. So I get there, and knock on the door. The car is gone. He’s like oh someone locally offered me more- bye…

This is after I cruised the 8 hours or whatever to illinois. I would have probably choked the dude if I didn’t get the door slammed in my face. The only thing I lost was money that I rented a car going there, and gas money.

The third time I bought my f150 from a small private dealer in Ohio. The owner and his son picked me up at the terminal and drove me to the dealership. We checked out the truck, the price was right, everything was nice on it. They even put a 6 month warranty on the truck for me. Truck still runs great, and these guys were 100 percent honest.

The last time was with my 96 tbird. I bought it from a car club member that I have known for years. He lives in texas. I had never seen the car in person. We arranged to have the car shipped to me, and the entire transaction went smoothly except the guy on the car trailer dragged my exhaust getting it off the trailer.

asking $12,000 for a 90K + fbod? i dont know a lot about fbods, but i know enough to say that they’re a dime a dozen, and if i was ever to consider spending anything over $10K on one, it better have below 50K miles on it…but that’s just me.

that money can be spent much more efficiently…IMO

back on topic though, depending on the location of the vehicle (i didn’t read the whole thread, you might have mentioned where it is), even if you have to spend $200 in gas to drive out to it and back, just to be able to see/test drive it, it’s worth it. I drove down to NJ twice before finally coming back with my Z…no matter how many pictures you get, they won’t be able to cover every angle, with every shade of light, from every side of the car…something can always be hidden…

:edit:

offer him/her $7500…wave it under his/her nose…literally…

Yeah, the price is way high.

kbb for a trans am with the ws6, private party, is 8915 for excellent and 8255 for “good”. I’m sorry, but you can’t claim excellent if the flip up headlights don’t flip up and the power antenna is broke.

Going a long distance for a car is only worth it if you’re getting a deal.

i am going to sell my truck first, and see where that lands me. Probably going to be putting it on eBay within the next week or so (because NO ONE around here wants it…i can gaurentee that). when I sell the truck and have money, i’ll see whats still available. If this car is still for sale and the price is right, great. if not, i’ll find another one. whole point is, i am most likely NOT going to be getting a car from around here. not from choice, but because there just isnt a lot of those cars readily available for sale around here.

your situation doesn’t change the fact that the price is way too high on that car…

and you’re a cool guy and all, but i think part of the reason you get flamed on here for all these threads isn’t because of how many of them there are, but because they’re all “once i sell my truck this” and “once i sell my truck that”…

you have no money now to buy a car apparently, so you shouldn’t even be concerned with buying a new one…stop wasting efforts, time, and energy on threads like this, and start trying to sell your truck…once it’s gone and you can take a pic of yourself in a bath of cash for your new sig, then we’ll talk buying new cars…

i took 3 trips to NJ to buy my TA. Almost died on the first trip in a snowstorm with badazz. Got screwed by the guy’s bank the second trip, had to make the 3rd trip to actually get the car.

Buying out of state cars online isnt a problem, but i would never actually hand over the money till i looked the car over.

I’m just confused as to why you want to spend so much money on a car when you are so young. You already stated your mom is giving you either a blazer or a impala. And don’t you work at UPS or something to that affect? Just sell your truck and be patient for awhile, then when you can move out of your parents house and graduate from college. Then after all that is done, spend money on your “dream” car.

wait, first you wanted a car you could run at a track, now you want an f-bod…

make up your mind.

that was almost fun…almost

GOD DAMN… +1 BILLION…WELL SAID.

OH AND ONLY A DUMBASS PAYS 10K ON A CAR THAT HAS ALMOST 100K ON IT:cjerk: