Buying a Jeep

So… I think I might have stumbled upon a really good deal. My friend is willing to sell me his Jeep for dirt cheap. It is missing both doors, they got stolen and has no radio, but… im pretty sure its a 94 or 95… soft top wrangler, 5 speed, 4 cylinder. It had a starter problem but I think its strightend out… it hasent been ran in 6 months, im going to see if it will start today with a battery jump pack. It has been sitting with the top off for all winter. I just want everyone to know if I buy this, its going to be used as a quad pretty much, I will not drive it on the road, only to places to go wheelin. I dont care about it, I will roll it, bury it, hit trees with it and not care…

What is a Jeep like this worth?

I want to say the price I am paying, but its such a good deal I might want to flip it later this summer or fall so im not saying, just wondering what I should pay for something like this.

Thanks

If it runs and 4wd works, I’d say about 1000.

Subtract for things not working.

Even a beater wrangler dosent sell for less than 1 grand

Fair condition/trade in over at Kelley Blue Book is a hair under 2K. This sounds like “Poor” condition from the sound of it. I cut “Fair” in half due to top being left down and lack of doors. Replacement doors are quite expensive (even if from the sound of it he’s not going to run them).

97+ wranglers with coil suspension hold their value much better.

The 87-96 YJs are technologically equal to the CJ7s (CJs even had stronger axles). I suppose the Wrangler has one thing over CJs, and that is fuel injection.

They are fun vehicles, but I think JackedUp threw a good # out there.

I wouldnt want one older than 97, they ride terrible! I know its a jeep, but unless its like 90% offroad I wouldnt want an older one.

edit, perfect for a beater!

he did say this was strictly for offroad fun and was only gonna be drivin to the location to beat on it

I used a 4wd hardware lift kit on my 95 yj and it rides 100% better than stock, not quite a cadillac but nice. Agreed, strock ride is horrible in a 95 or older, but it can be easily upgraded to ride better than most of the coil over jeeps I’ve been in.

if its under a grand, its a good deal.

for sure

lol… im stealing this thing… im paying way way less than $1000

Get ready to have fun, Jeeps are a blast esp. wranglers with no doors or roof, and its even more fun when you don’t care and beat the shit out of them.

I think im towing it in tommorow after work, if so ill post some pics!

sweet…

Here are the pictures! I took it home like 2 days ago, put the jumper pack on it, wiggled the battery terminal and she fired right up and idled perfect! NO work required at all… gotta love that. So I took it out last night and beat the piss out of it up webster. It went awsome, although the body feels loose on it, lol… but what do you expect for $500? Ill have to bust out the welder this weekend and weld it back up. I cant wait to plow over some more trees!

nice
looks like good deal

OMFG that’s a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be from the description. Great find man!

SICK deal.
I would love to come across something like that.

Great deal!