WTB: Jeep Wrangler

I will be using this as my Winter Car, as well as occasional use year-round.

Needs:
Must Be Absolutely Reliable
No Leaks
Working Heat
No Rust
Working 4x4

Preferences:
Manual Transmission
6-Cylinder
Hard Top
Clean Interior
Alloy Wheels
CD Player

Dream Items:
Working A/C
Big Tires

Willing to spend $3,000 - $4,000.

Anyone who knows the Jeep market, what might I expect to find? Mid-1990s? Am I expecting to spend too little for what I want?

Note : There is no such thing as a factory V6 option on Wranglers…

it’s an I6 :slight_smile:

www.jeepsunlimited.om

look on their forums.

for $4k i dont think youll find newer than a 95. you might see a little bit of rust. 5 speeds are a little on the harder side to find in decent condition, but not impossible. alloy wheels are not likely since almost every mid 90’s had 5 spoke steel rims, so the owner would have had to go aftermarket. you really are dreaming for A/C, im almost positive only the Saharas had A/C, and i got the only one i could find after looking for awhile.

Timewise, I’ve got until it snows.

Who want’s something newer than a '95 with today’s inspections anyways?

not me, which is why i went with a 95.

REPOST / BUMP (with minor changes)

Needs:
Must Be Absolutely Reliable
No Leaks
Working Heat
No Rust
Working 4x4

Preferences:
Manual Transmission
4-Cylinder (thanks to these lovely gas prices)
Hard Top
Clean Interior
Alloy Wheels
CD Player

Willing to spend $3,000 - $4,000.

Early/Mid 1990s

there is a green YJ sahara down the street from my parents house. very similar to mine, hardtop, didnt stop to take a look at it. its on nash road in wheatfield. coming from your area pumice, go down niagara falls blvd towards the falls, turn right on nash rd, its not more than 1/4 mile on the left hand side.

Look worth more than $4000? (AKA: “Would I be wasting my time looking at something out of my reach?”) :smiley:

well, its a 93-95, isnt in perfect condition, id say its likely to be around $4,000. i can stop and take a look but i wont be out that way till tuesday next week.

alloy wheels are not likely since almost every mid 90’s had 5 spoke steel rims, so the owner would have had to go aftermarket

jeep steelies > jeep alloys … the alloys love to rot between the tire and the rim . seen plenty of the jeep alloys that needed a healthy grinding / coat of bead sealer

Just as it says, I have a 1992 Jeep Wrangler 4.0l for sale. It is white in color. It has high miles, the odometer stopped at around 130,000. I have barely driven it in the past year because I have a company vehicle. I take it down the road around once a week so it isn’t just sitting there not being run. So I say the miles are around 180,000. It still runs strong, doesn’t leak or burn oil, has a new radiator. I haven’t had any major problems with it, I have only changed the clutch, radiator, and minor things. I am asking $3500.00 OR BEST OFFER.

That’s my friend on my Galant board

lemme know if you are interested

You can probably get him a lot cheaper.

:lol: No rust on a old Wrangler :lol:

More info?? Need input… Johnny 5… No disassemble…

http://www.cyberhs.it/robotica/images/johnny5.jpg

pumice, i checked out the one near my parents house. its a 93 4.0, couldnt check the mileage, body is in pretty good condition, its a sahara like mine so it should have A/C, green, tan hardtop, 5spd, the guy is asking $3600.

you interested or not?!

Whoa!! Missed this!!

YES! I AM!

Ok. I broke down and realized this is more than a “winter” car for me, so I went and talked to a little used car dealer. This guy knows his stuff, and seems on the up-and-up. I can’t afford to buy some piece of crap every year like I’ve been doing. This is it, my “other” car for awhile, not just the winter.

I put a deposit on this:
1997 Wrangler Sport
6 Cylinder
4.0L
5-Speed Manual Transmission
110k miles
Full Doors
Hard Top + 3-piece Soft Top (Bimini)
Sport Wheels
Sound Bar
(it’s white for anyone who cares)

$6900

Kelly Blue Book retails at around $8400. Like the guy said, even private sellers will get retail for most Wranglers (I believe him after shopping around).

I can cancel the deal within the next couple days if I choose to, or have him look for something else if I am willing to risk passing up this one for something else (worse? better? you never know!).

What do you think? SoopaSteve? EMX?

That is a very very good deal

VERY

salvage title? lol just gotta make sure

:slight_smile:

Nice purchase I say

Already PMed you

but i say do it.

just have it checked out first by a shop

inspect the rear end/axel