Buying a small tractor

My girl’s father is buying a small lawn tractor and he wants my help to pick one. He doesn’t want to spend a ton, his lawn isn’t that big. Can you suggest what I should be looking for? He may want to mount snowblower on it eventually but he’s not sure. Their yard is not very big, probably a half a third acre in total if that. He just likes to do it himself. Lawn is about three years old and no incline or anything.

Cliffs: looking a for a small tractor what should I look for? lawns not really big. Probably about 1/3 acre.

[quote=“suzukiriderman”"]

My girl’s father is buying a small lawn tractor and he wants my help to pick one. He doesn’t want to spend a ton, his lawn isn’t that big. Can you suggest what I should be looking for? He may want to mount snowblower on it eventually but he’s not sure. Their yard is not very big, probably a half a third acre in total if that. He just likes to do it himself. Lawn is about three years old and no incline or anything.

Cliffs: looking a for a small tractor what should I look for? lawns not really big. Probably about 1/3 acre.

[/quote]

it really depends on his price range and if he wants new or will settle for used. Tractors bought from major retailers(aka home depot and sears) while aren’t bad they just aren’t designed to last. Don’t be fooled by the John Deer logo/name on em as they are NOT the same as the tractors you would buy from a JD dealer. Personally If i was going to buy one I would look for used John deers or cub cadets with the year it was made being the least important factor. Parts are easy to come buy for all years/models from these two brands and 99% of what they make is quality. If he is looking for used tractors let me know as my dad fixes/repairs lawnmowers and resells them. I think we have 2 or 3 john deers right now and probably some others as well.

kabota

basically everything that used to be good ie: troy built, cub cadet… ect. is now owned and made by MTD… i would go with honda harmony. good stuff right there

[quote=“Anonymity,post:3,topic:26943"”]

kabota

[/quote]

FTW

nothing runs like a Deere…

and i dont mean the Home Depot Deeres…check out Drake John Deere. they’re out on County rd in Akron.

Thanks for th brand suggestions, but what I’m wondering is WHAT am I looking for on these tractors?

A tractor for a third of an acre? :mamoru: You’re looking for a very small turning radius or the woman’s father will spend more time turning around than it would take someone to mow it with a pusher.

It might be closer to a half an Acre