Riding mower recommendations

At some point grass will probably start growing again and I’ll have to mow the lawn. I’m starting to look at riding mowers and I’m looking for some input as to what brands are decent and which to avoid.

I have about a 1 acre lot with a lot of trees and relatively uneven ground. I also need a snowblower, so I’d likely use whatever tractor I buy to also snowblow the driveway come next winter. Also, multiple beer holders would be preferred.

My budget is 2,000 or less, for either brand new or decent used. I don’t think I’m interested in the $1,000 Craftsman-type mowers at Sears; looked at those last night and they feel very cheap and poorly made.

Anyone have good/bad experiences with specific brands or models?

Can’t go wrong with a John Deere, Kobota, or Cub Cadet. For one that can run a blower, you’re looking at used.

Love my cub cadet

Gotta say the 800 dollar ones from sears w the warranty is a good deal. Your mowing grass. That’s it.

Cub and Deere are going to be very expensive.

I bought a used one off craigslist and after an hour of labor and a new battery, it’s been working perfectly for that last 5 years.

Happy with my Cub. Mowed some serious shit at the old tree farm and never missed a beat. Sure picked a good time to shop for lawn equipment.

If you’re going the John Deere route, buy through a dealer, not Home Depot/Lowes. Quality is different, frames are different, etc.

+1
I have John Deere and we have ~1 acre with uneven ground and 60 blue spruce smaller trees to cut around, never missed a beat after 4 yrs. A must is hyrdrostatic transmission…

I’ve got about an acre of grass and when I bought the house I didn’t have a ton to spend, and picked up a used crapsman. I’m pretty anal about my lawn and honestly, it might be entry level but it gets the job done. And holds my beer.

John Deere at a John Deere dealership

or

Husqvarna at Lowes.

I picked up a JD off the Craigslist for 100 bucks. 60 in cut, needed some fresh gas. Has no good because something fell on it in the guys shed. As much as I hate JD, this thing rocks

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Rumor is that Lowe’s is going to start carrying these to outdo Home Depot. Might want to think about it.
http://www.xtrememowermayhem.com/photos/2008-2009%20Hall%20of%20Fame/jeff2.JPG

Bought my Husqvarna at Lowes and absolutely love it.

I got my Husky at Saville’s.

Love my cub. With uneven ground, I’d recommend staying 42" or under. Anything wider, and you’ll end up with uneven cuts. Out of the 7.5 acres I’ve got, about 3 is mowable, but hilly. I went with one of their Z Force S models last year, but got the smallest version (48). Still can get it done in 1:30-1:45.

Their Series 1000 42 is within your budget, brand new. FWIW, if you’re in the northtowns, I’d recommend Creekside Sales on Transit, just over the Niagara County line. Good folks, family business.

X’s 132,659

Ill sell you my 2011 John Deere X300 with 45 hours on it for $2500. Things a champ, comes with mulching attachment, Kawasaki engine, and 1 more year of warranty. $2500.

My uncle has a yard machine he bought new in the 90s and it still runs great. Don’t always gotta buy high end to last.