Lawnmower Suggestions

Just closed and moved into my new townhouse. It’s a corner end unit so we have a nice little yard. I just realized that Im going to need a lawnmower. I’ve never bought one so I have no idea what to look for.

Im looking for a push mower with a bag that collects all the clippings (mandatory from the home owners association)

Not looking to spend more than 200 bucks if possible. Any brands? Any features I should look for (motor size, type, etc.)

http://secondhandnation.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/11/bikemower1.jpg

if that one doesnt fit your fancy, and you like a little power, behold…

http://alllayedout.com/Images/Funny_Pics/graphics/redneck_lawnmower.jpg

Buy a Honda.

this is what I use and I probably have more land than you (but once you get over .25 acre forget it)…

I’d much rather have a good reel mower than a shitty gas powered one…

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100019892&N=10000003+527933+10093010

I might pick up a nice used honda if one comes up local on craigslist… but I kind of enjoy the quiet, never having to fill with gas / maintain / and it works great as long as you don’t let the grass grow too much.

I have a little mulching mower from walmart. Has a brigs and straton motor and So far it has done the job without a problem. Than again my neighbor mows my front lawn so all i ever really do is my back yard lol.

ohh please, fucking honda.

If anything try lowes for something under 200 bucks.

honda mowers are serious a lot better then the cheap crap at lowes…

it’s like snap on vs. harbor freight…

how many honda dealers (and therefore auth servicing shops) are there in WNY?

I like Honda motors.

I like Toro motors.

There are TONS of Toro servicers in WNY.

$0.02

cub cadet if you need a rider

dude, it’s a townhouse

his location says maryland…

Please what? I have a Honda lawnmower and it rocks. .

:rolljerk:

If you keep the mower inside, it will last a long ass time with basic maintenance.

Sure you can buy a honda, but for 200 bucks, who cares?

I have a postage stamp front yard, and a regular sized back yard.

I was given a 5 year old mower from walmart with a briggs.

Put a 10 dollar blade on it, a plug and a filter, change the oil, and it runs like new.

Make sure you get a mulching mower, the mulching blade will make it so that you don’t have to carry a bagger.

doh.

buy one anyways. im sure you will use it sometime later in life and then you can pass it down to your kids.

i have a 3acre lawn and it cuts thru like a beast and its from like the early 90s

What service?

Blade sharpening?
Spark plug replacement?

This thing will never require service beyond my capabilities and if it did I could take it to any small engine repair shop.

dude, it’s a townhouse, where is he meant to store a riding mower? you want him to rent a storage unit a couple miles down the street for it?

of course you do, thats why you recommended it, when he clearly stated UNDER 200 bucks.

lot better mowers out there than hondas.

TORO’s are beasts.