Lawnmower Suggestions

For 200 the only thing I would look at is honda motor vs briggs. Honda is a little nice, briggs is still quality but cheeper and easier to maintain. Mulching>bagger

I know of 4 small engine repair shops in the Cheektowaga / williamsville area that refuse to work on honda engines.

My apologies, I didn’t know the OP wanted to repair his own mower.

Briggs has been around much longer than honduh also

alot longer.

honda small engines > B&S when it comes to reliabillity.

fo sho!

Hey the honda lawnmower engine. Wasnt that considered as an upgrade for the older Civics?

LOl sorry i had to.

I have a 30 year old Toro rider with a 8HP briggs and stratton engine. The only work it ever needed was a clutch belt twice and a blade belt once. and one engine cleaning due to some bad gas.

THATS IT IN 30 FREAKING YEARS! BRIGGS AND STRATTON FTW!

theres a service shop for hondas and other small engines on union and clinton between the sunoco and firestation

and there is one on central in lancaster forgot what its called but i think its bunnies or sumtin

LOL, tell them they need to update their r&r’s. Most trash companies won’t even pick up grass clippings anymore because they take up too much space at land fills. I can’t even remember the last time I saw a bagger. Mulcher FTW.

I’ve been using a “cheap” lowes mower for 1.5 years. Briggs & Stratton engine. I got it on sale for $80 and it has yet to let me down. I would say if you have a tiny yard like mine get whatevers cheap.

Here are some facts for you:

Honda > B&S for power/reliability/noise

If you don’t mind the noise the B&S is going to make, the Honda will never pay for itself. The second you think your mower could be quieter… you’ll be thinking about that Honda.

I’ve had B&S and Kohler and Tecumseh for years… never could afford a Honda.

Mom has a lawn-boy in Vermont for the past 12 years,no major problems so far.
Dad has a toro for homedepot that he beats the crap out of, for the past 5 or 6 years.
Uncle has a 30 year old club cadet rider that is.

does it rev to 19K?

A riding mower is not necessary (1,500 sf yard) and I don’t have anywhere to keepthe damn thing. I went to Loews last night and saw a few mowers in the $169-$229 range. I’ll probably go with the lowest price. Snds like with proper maintenance a mower can last a life time.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Do you have factual information or the expierience to back this up or is it more of the honda is always good mentality?

I have a nice Ariens push mower. It’s the one that can either mulch, bag, or discharge out the side. I alwyas just use it as a bagger. It is self propelled, and it is FAST, really fast. About halfway between the turtle and the rabit it basically is speed walking, I was suprised as usually self propelled mowers are as fast as a geryatric gimp.

yes.
yes.
I’m no honda humper.

Links to support the claim? Not calling you out I have just had a lot of expierience with both brands and have had plenty of bad hondas none of which were in lawnmowers though.

get a goat.

sorry I’m speaking specifically to mowers & throwers.

Umm, consumer reports, google, any of the 3rd party industry publications, and most any small engine tech.

Electric?