Buying a used car, help

Here is my [font=Verdana]predicament[/font]

I have recently been looking for a car and found one I like a lot but there are some technicalities

Cons -
1)Salvage title - person bought it wrecked(driver side quarter panel crash) he had to replace both air bags + sensor, air intake, battery, and replaced working radiator since it had a slight bend

2)Autocheck says the accident happened 34,355 and car is at 36,xxx since put on road in april of 05 (stored for winter)

1. on test drive I thought I felt a slight vibration from gas pedal when pressed…( I may be crazy)…??

2. Would be hard to resell if wanted to get a different car in future

Pros -
1)Older man that seems like he knows his stuff and took care of the car

2)Said he is selling because he is getting a new house(downsizing) and needs extra cash, also said he never originally intended to resell it, was for a DD
3)Price is $2,000 under blue book for private seller(should it be cheaper?)

4)He has previously restored other wrecked cars, his wife has been driving hers for over 30K miles

5)On test drive, drove as if it was new

6)I hear it is hard to get a salvaged car to pass in NY state

1. had all the work done by a shop

what is it?

I do believe its a 2003 Nissan Sentra Se-r Spec V.

I could be wrong on the year.

I am fairly certain I will not buy this but I am still curious about what others would do

Also link for salvage titles : http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/salvexam.htm

for a salvaged title the car is assessed to have 75% damage to it, pre accident value of vehicle hmm…

pass

salvage = fuck that shit

ya, not worth the headache, price sticks out but I rather start financing and get one that is more reliable for more $

serious PITA if you ask me, look for something else.

I wouldn’t touch ANY used Spec V, much less one with a salvage title. Only 2,000 less than KBB? :ham:

my brother bought his car with a salvage title and has had nothing but problems with it since. but then again it could just be because its an audi :ham:

You mean inspite of it being an audi? :smiley:

What is it?

The problem with that is I am 8k short of a new one

Pass unless there is a MUCH larger discount. Like try HALF of blue book.

If you can’t afford it, don’t buy a piece of shit. It’ll only cost you in the long run.

Kind of related: Does anyone else notice that kbb is biased to the California market regardless of ZIP code?

nadaguides was almost 500 under kbb