C5>C6 Z-oh-sex

Ok I’ve been wanting to race a new Zo6 in my car for a while, and in buffalo it just wasn’t happening.

I ran into and raced 2 C6z’s down here in the past two weeks. Both of the cars were exhaust only cars. I’m assuming they were cat back only.

Ran one guy in his red z from a 15-20 mph roll 5 times. each time was about the same. 1.5 cars at the top of 3rd (115) pulling to about 1.75 cars to the top of 4th (150).

Each time we raced he gave me a different excuse, oh my traction control is on, I missed 2nd (got that twice), I missed third, then I got a ricer flyby. Awesome dude! I just wanted a race no hard feelings! This guy was from the 2920 meet ls1tech has. I thought I may have won this race with a driver mod, so I didn’t want to post it at first.

The next guy ran up on me on zee high way. I was driving at a cool 75 and he rips up next to me doing about 90 and slows down to my window. He looks over, opens his window and throws me a rev. Its loud, nice, lets go. we run them 3 times from about ~50. Top of 3rd I have 1 car, top of 4th I have maybe 1.5 cars and it stay that way through 5th. The third time I open the :snky: and pull about ~4-5 cars on him to 160. :slight_smile:

He was cool, gave me the :tup:. He actually turned really close to my apartment so he must be close by.

I’m working on getting a few camera mounts on the car so we can get some video up!

Nice kills joshy poo. You must be loving the fact that there are sooooo many more cars to play with down there. And the weather to keep playing as well. :tup::tup::tup:

“Opened up the :snky: and pull about 4-5 cars”

:lol:

Yah it is pretty awesome. I have talked to at least 10 guys that DD C6Zo6’s. Their fun cars are TT camaros, old novas, etc that all run <9.5. :eekdance:

I really want to run this guys R8, I think that would be a fun race!! (Even though its sexy factor is off the charts.)

Thinking about building something new for the vette already…maybe a nice 383 ls1 based or maybe something insain like a 427. (I think I want a new goal of 550 wheel NA 700 wheel :snky:)

What u got done to ur car?

Pffft

at least beat something fast next time.

i didnt know your vette was modded.

I have a nice little modded C6 z you can run in the ROC…

props…to beat a new Z06 from the roll means your car has ARRIVED hahahaha

Nice kill.

I’d like to see the C5 and c6 :snky:

just got back from Wegmanns on Amherst street and saw a black C6 ZO6 on my way back.

Ha I’m working on beating a fast car!

Just a little.

If I drive back to NY anytime i’ll be sure to let you know!! Gas down here is 1.85 in some places…so the drive wouldn’t cost much I fill some tanks down here lol.

i wouldn’t stroke a 5.7, 383s kinda suck for the money spent. the most economical way to go (if stroked) is 402 or 408, and you can make great power with those, especially with the heads/cam combos out lately. go for it :tup:

Nothing wrong with stroking a stock LS1/LS6 block. Tony Mamo from AFR went very fast with a combo like this

Info?

I know the 4.0+ bore is better for flow and all, but a fully forged 383 is the cheapest option for me. If I want to spend the money I will either do a ls3 based motor or a 427.

I was thinking about doing something I could use my AFR205’s on, so I don’t have to sell them and buy some 4.o bore 225’s or 235’s…

thing sounds pissed

tony mamo’s build was probably far more intriquite than most people are willing and able to go.

off the top of my head, mamo did this 383 on his C5:

hand massaged AFR (obviously) 205’s
hand ported Fast 90/90 intake
smallish cam (i believe it was high 22x’s/low 23x’s
i actually think is was a solid roller…

i know he mentioned shit like hand sanding bearings to be within like .0001± tolerances… and then other shit like expensive roller rockers, lightweight shit here and there.

there is a thread on it on ls1tech by mamo

do u spray your car?

nm, it was a bit bigger of a cam. but it sounds pretty sweet:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449104&highlight=

decent hp 346
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6477706&highlight=#post6477706

Good luck replicating Tony Mamos dyno results :lol:

Of course, like a raped ape.

I bet I could see ~470+ whp with a fast intake and a bigger tb… :slight_smile:

It doesn’t really surprise me a fully custom well built motor going 500+

That is very interesting. I don’t know if the 50-75 wheel is worth me going to a forged 383… I mind as well do a 402 or bigger and gain 125+ hp. I guess after I get my tranny done i’ll have to sit down and think long and hard about what I want.

Good Videos!