C6R Replica; Note to the Europhiles

This is a civilian 'Vette done over in race livery - this thing is street legal. Being a fan of ALMS, I will attest to the stunning replication of the race version. My favorite part is the license plate at the end DBR9 KLR. GM is pulling out of GT1 after race 4 next year.

For 2009 GM and Team Corvette will be running in the GT2 Class, which is a packed house, against Porsche, Ferrari and company. The Corvette will be largely based on the existing model, except that it must use a smaller wing, the engine displacement will be reduced from 7 to 6 liters, and the brakes must be steel (not carbon).

For you Europhiles, the Corvette effectively killed the GT1 category by dominating it utterly for a decade. Next season, while GM sorts the bugs out of a new setup, will show if the 'Vette can keep up with european sports cars on their own terms, since they could not keep up with it on on it’s terms.

Seen it in person. It is tits.

LOL at your assessment of GM going to GT2 next year.

GT1 has serious competition in Europe, where the series stems from. A DB9R won the 24 this year. When the DBR9s ran here in 06 it was the best GT racing competition we’ve seen in a long time.

I know that the DB9R was good here, and I KNOW (painfully) that the DB9R has taken GT1 at LeMans two years running. It’s a sore spot.

None the less, GT1 in ALMS is dead. Long live GT2.