California is getting out of hand

The memo says you can run Leaded gasoline on the street.

Whoop-de-do.

Who runs leaded gas on the streets anyway?

C10 is unleaded (104 oct), Motorsport 109 is 99 octane, Motorsport 109 is 101octane, sv-105, etc

So basically this only affects street driven cars requiring 106 R+M/2 octane or better.

That’s 15:1 naturally aspirated.

you loose out on VP110 octane, C12, C14, and C16

The only people who lose out here are drag racers who drive there crazy CR cars to the track.

i run leaded in my tractors, which get some road use. my pops runs leaded in his 54 international r130 also, which is a 1t dump. sometimes i run leaded in my gbody.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand by that you mean, people who drive REAL street cars. There’s like 100 people in the entire US that would drive a race gas car on the street, way to REALLY make a difference.

I agree that this legislation is completely and utterly pointless and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Conversely it is useless because it affects almost no-one.

If you want to run huge power and be street legal, Run E85.

I agree with E85. best thing to happen to HP since… well, getting out of the 80s.

LOL!

im calling them. this is bullshit and i dont even live there. i want documented proof that the emissions from cars utilizing race fuels are substantially worse than those using low grade 87, further more i want to ask frederick schmidt how he foresees california will recoup the revenue lost by drastically redusing the amount of taxable fuel sold in california, and if the small (if any) environmental impact outweighs the loss of those important tax dollars. or frankly is he tired of getting hammered on by race-gas powered street driven hondas in his seemingly sporty but otherwise unimpressive bmw m-series barge. fuck you schmidt.

Cool rant bro! Fuck schmidt that pos.