Calling all computer nerds...

I only tried once with two monitors. Now, nothing shows up with one monitor from either port.

I’ll have to check if I have a dvi port on either monitor then see if I can find a dvi cord at school. Would it matter though?

Have you tried both ports? I would especially try without that dvi adapter and attempt native DVI if you have a cable to do so.
You should at least see the BIOS screen, if not it’s def not a driver issue and is a bigger problem.

That adapter could be tricking your bios into thinking a monitor is plugged into that port. Take the adapter off and plug into the VGA port and try to fire it up. If that doesn’t work, then try a DVI cable.

To all the tech guys in here…isn’t it funny how hard it is to compose a logical flow of troubleshooting via text? I could fly through diagnostics in person but when I have to type it things never really flow well. LOL

If only someone in this thread was A+ certified we would have this fixed by now(sarcasm)

Does my DOS based A+ count? Best interview line ever was when the guy asks about my A+ like it’s a positive, tricks me a bit and then says “I think A+ is useless”. LMAO. I got the job anyhow, no thanks to A+. :wink:

I really want to get into the networking side but have no real clue where to start. I think I have all the Cisco emulators etc…
My creds are pretty dated since my current job requires nothing of that sort. Over the winter I’ll have more time and need to dig in after digging out.

Use GNS3 and download some Cisco IOS’s from a torrent.

There is a CCNA work book site that gives you lab examples

http://www.stubarea.net/workbooks/cisco/ccna

A+ is required by bestbuy’s geek squad…enough said.

tried it with the adapter unplugged last night. It didn’t change anything

How about pulling the battery for a few minutes? That’s probably last ditch and if no dice likely the slot is bad. I assume that because you did already try another video card in there, so it’s not likely to be the card.

You said you tried a different video card too, huh? I’d bet the slot on the motherboard is toast. Know anyone who can test the video card out for you?

should of got my a+ cert but didn’t have the money to shell out for it, so im working on my ccna as we speak, i could take the a+ now and score a 100, i scored 100 on all the practice exams… i aggre with tradersbase with the whole troubleshooting via text pita lol

CCNA is worth way more in the real world then A+ I keep putting off taking the CCNA I really should one of these days.

A+ was sweet like 8 years ago :lol:

You remind me of me just minus me owning a car you hate lol, but yea my step dad use to be a network operations manager for new edge networks based out of portland Oregon and they were bought out by EarthLink and at the time him and my mom were moving back here so he had to leave the company unfortunately, but anyways he showed me and taught me alot of stuff with some t1 routers and Cisco 2500 and 2600 routers and it spiked my interest not only that but in vocational we studied a ccna course and now I wanna go back to school and get my ccna as he tells me the jobs are better over a+ I’ve always been into computers since I was 13 I remember building my first computer at age 14 lol and btw thank you for that link above good stuff

I got my A+ in 1996 or 1997. Back then it meant something. LUL
A+ is pretty pointless as far as I know/hear. Who want’s to study network shit with me? :wink:

Me I got a whole router farm! Lol and a+ is usefull cause I landed a job opportunity repairing, building computer etc and but they would not hire me because I didn’t have my a+, fml, atleast I got my m.o.u.s.e cert lol

Really? I’m shocked they still call for A+ out there. I’ll sell you my A+, I have the lapel pin somewhere around here. HAHAH
I’m not a network tard and I can setup home routers of course…but I def want to get deeper. It’s just so daunting when I think about reading…cause I learn hands on almost exclusively. I really suck picking up skills from a book.

im right there with you buddy, i hate reading, hands on all the way its the best learning type imo, i was shocked to but it would of been nice to land a $22 hour job, :frowning:

Cisco skills are where its at…

I took the practice CCNA the other day and passed I just want to brush up

I have/had a pretty large cisco lab then started using GNS+ and doing everything virtual it worked out much better.

If you want to study I will be doing CCNA over the next month or so then CCNP

Only reason I knock A+ is because people don’t “fix” computers anymore back when A+ first came out people would solder stuff and actually repair PCs now everything is disposable like TVs and other appliances have become. Fixing computers comes down to OS stuff and simple repairs now a days.

Even if your talking being a tech for HP and fixing blade servers/chassis and crap its just following simple removal/reinstall instructions and everything snaps together etc

Me! I am teh sucks at network shit.