Calling all computer nerds...

Juat?

I say we get a study group together. The noobs could chip in for food/drinks for whoever is teaching us.
I’d suggest going to a strip club but it’s kind of loud. LOL

Down! Pick a place, I can strip if you really want some nudity…it will cost you though.

LOL at the stripping part. It’ll have to be a juice bar if full nudity is involved. Silly NY.
Since I’m a net noob I have no say. I think whoever it may be, if someone wants to step up and hook us up with their knowledge it should be at their convenience of course. :slight_smile:

i bet my step dad could teach us since hes going to be teaching ccna at ecc, as far as the strip club goes i don’t think we would be studying any ccna to say the least lol

“Lap Dance?”

“Not now I’m subnetting”

Does your dad have any actual networking experience?

I keep meeting people who teach CCNA and other classes who have never worked in the field lol

^ Just Stat Padding? Without hands on experience, certs are kinda meaningless. Anyone can read a book and answer questions.

I only mention this because I have taken the CCNA bootcamp/class 3 times and one of the teachers who didn’t have much real world experience sucked.

Real world is all that matters in my experience. I hate theoretical knowledge because you usually learn alot of crap you don’t ever use and/or what you do learn often doesn’t translate to the real world.

The majority of the CCNA is theory however when people ask questions having real world examples to explain makes things a lot easier.

So CCNA is more about the theory of net traffic/protocol and command line…is that fairly accurate? I’ve taken a few practice exams online and the Cisco specific stuff I bomb on, the base net protocol stuff I usually do ok with. I have some base knowledge I guess, at least. :wink:

CCNA is now ICND1(CCENT) and ICND 2.

ICND1 is mostly theory OSI model how stuff works

ICND2 is more theory but also gets into command line stuff simple configuration(static routes, interfaces, rip, ospf?)

Good to know. Given how everyone and their dog is getting CCNA…might a Juniper cert set you apart to an extent? For the better or maybe the worse?

Eh I would do CCNA first there are not that many places that do heavy Juniper routing stuff…

Juniper is mostly ISPs you will come across small routers/firewalls but most of their certs focus on the bigger stuff

Yes he has 10+ years if not more like I said he use to be a network operations manager at newedge networks out west

Lmfao that was probably the best line ever!

Any one know of any internet deals posted up yet? newegg kinda has something but not really. My parents said they are giving me $500 towards a new computer for christmas and I can probably match that.

here is what I have picked out so far:

Motherboard 210 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790

Processor 300 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115071

Video Card 160 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195096

Dude go amd and get a hex core or octacore and look for a 6950 or 6850 or 6770 video card I can put a ideal together for ya also look at the DIY combo deals along with the cyber monday stuff comming out and how much you wanna spend on a computer?

Get a full tower case, trust me. After a while it gets hard to get your hands in the case, and the larger video cards don’t always fit too well in the mid tower. SO far the video card is a bit lacking. I love ASUS boards, although their support site sucks the chode.