New Computer ordered finally after over 6yrs....

When I built my current desktop it was almost 6 yrs ago, last night ordered a new one with the express purpose to be a Hackintosh being that I could not get over the limitations of the iMac and Mini and can’t justify the 2500+ price tag right now.

Ordered…
Gigabyte EP45-DS3L

Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16Ghz
mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
EVGA Geforce 9800GT

Pioneer DVD Burner

Antec Sonata III 500 Case

Also got a Leopard Retail DVD Install, USB 2.0 Card Reader since one in my printer sucks, a couple of 4gb SDHC cards for my D40 and finally got myself a USB thumb drive (never owned one)

For HD’s I already have 2 Seagate 7200.11 500gb hard drives ready to go.

Will be nice to finally have a decent computer.

So, what are you upgrading from? 6 years, eh?

Nice. I’m finally replacing my Athlon XP 2400+ box. Parts are out on the truck for delivery right now. I went the low cost route and spent $400 total for the whole damn thing. (The only thing I’m reusing, aside from a hard drive for redundant data protection for my pictures, is the optical drive.)

1 OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G8004GK - Retail $41.99
1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6000CZBOX - Retail $83.99
1 ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail $19.99
1 Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM $39.99
1 FSP Group SAGA+ 400R 400W ATX12V Power Supply - Retail $39.99
1 ENERMAX UC-12EB 120mm Case Fan - Retail $7.49
1 Rosewill R222-P-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail $24.99
1 ASUS EAH3450/DI/256M Radeon HD 3450 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Low Profile Video Card - Retail $29.99
1 GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $74.99
Subtotal $363.41

I could have kept it under $300 if I had gone with onboard video, 2gb memory, and a brisbane core AMD with stock cooling but the extra hundo probably doubled my performance.

Looks great except for the case.

:tdown: to cases where you have to open a door to get to your drives. Probably because I do so much DVD “backing up”. :snky:

Im un happy with AMD, its deffinatly not as good as intel.

Ive got 2 amd machines, and I miss my intel machine, everytime I log on

I have an AMD machine, and I am quite happy with it. It runs fast and smooth and never has issues (well except for the virus that I just spent 3 very long nights fighting).

My last Intel based machine was very prone to issues. I even overheated it several times. I guess that would be the shitty fans issue not the processor itself, but oh well.

I’m planning on using my 125W AMD processor to make my eggs in the morning.

Athlon XP 2400+
Asus Nforce 2 Deluxe (A7N8X Rev 1.x)
1.5 gb of Pc2700 ram
IDE HD’s

Umm yea it was old… it will be demoted to Vmware ESXi system for playing around.

I am not a AMD person anymore my experience with intel at work (desktop and server market) as been nothing but wonderful versus my frustration with AMD. I even like my Itanium HP-UX servers :slight_smile:

I guess I could say I am a intel fanboy now…

I debated with myself on the case for a while I really liked the Antec Three Hundred with either a 500W earthwatts or rosewill psu. But ended up going with the Sonata due to it reputation for being so quiet, time will tell if i regret that choice.

I wanted to stay intel for the reasons I listed in my other post and being able to do a vanilla retail OS X install… AMD you are unfortunately stuck doing a hacked installer.

I was going to do a cheaper video card and save some money but decided to just splurge for the faster video card.

nice set up. i just picked up a similar mobo recently for my build.

no complaints at all.

<—no more gigabyte mobos

Yeah, Intel pretty much wipes the floor with AMD these days. I just still buy AMD for the same reason I still root for the Bills: They were the underdogs kicking ass when I was getting into it, so the nostalgia is worth something to me. Plus they’re cheap.

Yeah I’ve got a kalyway 10.5.2 disc that supposedly I should be able to boot and install like any other OS.

In most cases…you get what you pay for. If When the Bills or any other team sucks usually the tickets are cheaper…Same with computer parts. The more outdated and lesser quality they are the cheaper.

I bet evane has his hackintosh working, with all hardware supported, long before you. :wink:

:lol: I’m sure he will. And that has nothing to do with the AMD chip. :retard:

explain? A friend of mine reccomended me one for a build.

Intel has much better heatsinks and fans than they used to, the fan on my i7 is almost 5" wide… and heavy.

Good build.

Heh, well, even if your skill levels were the same it’s a bitch if you’re using hardware that isn’t plug and play for your hacked apple install disk. He went the easy route by picking hardware that will install automatically.

Sounds like he is a pussy :slight_smile: