Camaro for sale.

94 camaro, 3.4l V6, ttops, auto tranny, 150k miles, not bad shape, does need tlc, new radiator, still losing antifreeze when driving, may be head gasket or intake gasket, still runs great thou! $1200. looking to either sell so i can get a ss or z28. prolly wont get intrest on here but its worth a try. PM for details.

You probably already know this but, Get some pictures of it cleaned up and it will look like a $1200 car. PS. Is it auto, 5 speed, miles…?

I will take the pics if you put in the elbow grease. GLWS

thanks for the advice!:slight_smile: and ill edit up there that its auto with 150,000 miles

glws some teenager will buy it prolly good car to make a project out of

Lock it up, new plans for this pile oh dump:P

Keeping it huh? ur from j-town? i never see this thing

bought it, then i stored it for the winter, i have put all of ten miles on it lol dont even have plates on it yet, and yea im keeping it and got a friend gonna help me play around with it, kinda hoping its a head gasket bad so i can tear in there and learn some info on cars while replacing it, story about me im not mechanically inclined, hince the reason after i replaced radiator and was still losing antifreeze i wanted to sell it, but i wanna learn how to work on cars, and latley my friend keeps telling me to keep it and for free he is gonna teach me how to fix all my own stuff which im pretty stocked about:) ehhh 3 am ramble lol… i basiacally am using this car as a hands on learning experience lol

thats the way to do it man hands on ull learn it faster i changed oil for the first time at 12 then 3 weeks later i helped tear down 2 engines and build one whos helping u out?

yea i know 0 about cars except i like driving them and i love modifyied cars lol

gm has a big prob with intake gasket leaking because they used that dexacool crap antifreeze it loves to eat gaskets… if the car doesn’t smoke it is most likely ur intake gasket just changed one on my blazer if u want a link on how to do it i can get it for u… good luck

Intake gaskets are very common on GM V6’s. My dad’s old 3.1 blew one and several cars at the shop I worked at needed them.

I’m pretty sure toyota and other brands use similar coolant with no issues. Its the gaskets themselves that are garbage. If your theory was sound then the water pump, cylinder head, radiator, and heater core would have similar issues. The plastic rings that hold the actual rubber O-ring crack with heat allowing the O-ring to move between the head and intake. New gaskets are made of one material that is more resistant to hot coolant. At least the camaro 60* does not have different length push rods for the intake and exhaust. In fact I don’t think they have to be removed to pull the intake on the gen I V6.

yea that would help man thanks, and yea if its an intake gasket should be easy to replace, im doing a pressure test this sunday to find out if its a head gasket, if not its prolly intake. and it sounds like there common for that so yea link wont hurt

So wrong on so many levels lol , head gaskets don’t always blow smoke . Dex cool is a good coolant its just Gm that sucks cause they used plastic gaskets that blew out . The new updated ones are metal lined so they last . And doing a intake on a 3.4 camaro is totally diff that a 4.3 blazer lol

ill know what my issue is not to long after noon tommarow then ordering the parts

back up for sale my friend gave me the shaft today… no one to help me with repairs for cheap so its going back on CL and in my grandparents front yard with a sign, gotta flip this pile oh v6… prusuing my bike riding more anyways now, just not gonna pay a shop what they want and getting upside down in a V6

Can ya drive it ?

losing antifreeze way to fast and transmission fluid is leaking 2, id have to top off fluds every 5 mins… i kinda got burnt buying this thing

Is the trans fluid and coolant seam to be leaking from the same spot ?

Trans fluid is dripping from the line that goes into the radiator, I have no idea were my coolent is going… no visible drips