Can I find a car with only it's VIN?

I want to find a car my mom used to own. Because I want to talk the current owner into selling it to me. Can I find out where it is with the VIN?

yes but i dont know how. my post wasnt worthless, it should give you hope or something

carfax ? dmv vehical history report ?

hire private investigator?

i dont wanna spend money. fuck. hahahah

https://www.abika.com/forms/vehiclehistory.asp

thats more expensive than the dmv or carfax.

good luck purchasing the car then.

What the hell is it?

X2

what is so special about this car that you want to buy it back? and do you really think that this stranger who bought the car is going to want to sell it back to you? he obviously bought it for a reason. not to mention that trying to track him down by the car’s VIN is really creepy.

92 Talon TSi AWD.

I WANT IT DAMNIT.

lol. not of the other 5000 in wny?

Or the 50 that still run?

That information is there at dmv. prob is because of the DIPA act(privacy act) its going to be tough to get the info. DMV should be able to tell you if its still on the road etc…but not personal owner info. if anything happened to the current owner there would be a huge lawsuit, if you know a police officer they should be able to get it. But they would have to know you well. For all anyone knows you could be a stalker/psycho etc…

I am also curious as what happened to my old Mustang GT, traded it on my s10(rolleyes) and am curious as to whatever happened to it.
-edit actually carfax will probably have the “past owner” who is the current owner, NM.

i can’t find any decent ones
and the only one that i’ve ever seen that was maroon with tan leather interior, without pop-up lights was my moms. i’m so obsessed with it it’s not even funny.