Can my work legally do this?

Yeah… If it rings… Just like IF it will ring while at work…

fucking millennials its your job do it or quit, most people who work on call dont get a timeframe to do it in or payed just for being on call they get payed if they have to do work and if they get called they have to go imediatly.

Thats great but I don’t really care. I was just wondering if they could force us to work these extra hours at home. Like Fry said, there is no difference for me being “on call” then being at work, minus location.

and you got your answer they cant force you to unless you dont care about your job, you can say no to anything you want you just wont be working there anymore.

no one is forcing you to work there. its not slavery. get a new job for the 100th time if you dont like it.

NYState is an employment at will state.

No, srsly.

No shit, I know I can get a new job. I was just wondering if they could FORCE me to take this phone if I wanted to keep my job. But apparently they can, so my question has been answered. Thanks

Edit: I didn’t think they could hire me to work a 9-5 job and then, here it comes, force me to work at home for an extra 35 hours. If I want to keep my job that is… Jesus Christ do I have to fucking spell everything out for you.

lol the noob is mad

who the fuck do you thik you are bitching at? you asked a question, got an answer, didnt like the answer so tried to reword it, but the answers the same. THEY CANT FORCE YOU TO DO ANYTHING BUT THEY CAN FIRE YOU FOR NOT DOING YOUR JOB…

HAHA. Real life sucks, doesn’t it?

:fail:

It was just a question, I wasn’t trying to bitch about my job

What if they provided you with scented candles afterhours?

:lol:

If you dont want to do it I’m sure they can find someone who will do it, you might be out of a job.

ITS CHANGING THE REQUIREMENTS AND REQUIRING YOU TO ROTATE BEING ON CALL (ie. CARRY A FUCKING PHONE) AND PAYING YOU FOR IT! STOP CRYING!

Since when is asking a question crying about it?

Only if there scented with your asshole

lol so you like the smell of assholes?

i know where this is going already