Any of you guys work from home?

I do the wfh thing on Fridays… Anyone work from home? If so, what do you do?

i used to do it and now am on the “list” to do it once more… and im in the health insurance area

I would never get any work done if I worked from home

Yes, I do and have for 4 years. It’s all about discipline.

I also travel around the country some.

I am a Marketing Manager.

I did for a while it gets boring…I was doing 2 days at Pentagon and the other 3 at home…

I do once in a while. Our company is starting a program to have more people work from home.

We have what are called “remote tokens” which allow us to login to any of the applications we access at work from home, which is nice.

Hopefully I can convince my boss to let me do it more often.

I would love to work from home.

I do a few days a month if its slow or have something going on. Not to worried about gas prices since I have a company car and gas card.

I am a data and voice systems engineer.

I have for the last ~4-5 years. Hardest part is knowing when it’s ok to STOP working, heh

I’m applying for this on Fridays as soon as I get my performance review at the end of this month. Working from bed on my laptop would allow me to bring back Thursday nights :slight_smile:

You guys should by our phone system we sell and vpn solution.

VPN solution allows you to connect seamlessly for any application and files with just a web browser from any PC and with a browser.

Also, our phone systems support extension to cellular so when someone calls my desk, my cell phone rings too and its seamless to the caller. If I call someone in the office on their desk with my cell phone, the caller ID shows up as my desk phone so people have no idea if you are in the office or not.

Its also great for Fridays at 4:55 when people like to talk your ear off. Hit the extend call button and your cell phone rings. Pick it up and hang up your desk phone and walk out. User doesn’t even know. :slight_smile:

Just like every other VoIP or enterprise level phone system out there…

You should buy my database for SNMP analysis :slight_smile:

See now had you posted this useful comment last week I wouldn’t have just ordered Orion from Solarwinds…

Ha yep. Its a great tool when the boss calls you at 8:30 and im still in bed.

Lol. Our company monitors all our customers with dialout alarming. Since most major companies dont want to give open firewall access, this is the best solution.

Trust me, I would much rather have SNMP alarming but its tough to push on major companies that have security audits and such.

Or just paranoid IT people.

same here. I actually feel that I’d be MORE productive without people bugging me every 10 mins.

unfortunitly though, my job is too hands on :frowning:

im gunna talk to my foreman and see if i can work from home.:lol:

If I worked from home, I’d be on nyspeed less.

Shit …where’s the number to HR?

So true. I can get a weeks worth of work finished on a saturday.

im sure you can you just wont get money