Can you figure this out?

its was you, Governerd, and the door. Odd that Squiz’s door didnt get broken.

If you think of it in this manner, each man walked in with $10 in his pocket and left with $1 then it comes out to $29.

However if you look at it from a mathmatical standpoint then when it gets down to $25 each person only paid $8.33 thus making their $9 technically $9.33 which would equal the entire $30.

It’s just another stupid riddle to make you think.

However I like ILCisDEAD’s theory that the treadmill took it. HAhahahahah

$30 - $2 to bellboy - $3 to customers = $25 room price

everything is accounted for

you DONT add in the $2 the bellboy kept… you subtract it to reach the $25 room price

Its a diversion, you guys are trying to figure out the evaluation while those 3 guys are having one wild n crazy bear loving threesome.

Honestly what 3 guys would get a room for 30 bucks. I’m sure there is only 1 bed and a heart shaped tub.

I’d call no homo but this equation smells of mis-used lubrication and Brokeback Mountain re-runs.

The $27 comes from the original $30 minus the dollar each given back (-$3).

The bellboy kept the other $2. So, $27-$2 = $25.

Why would you add the $2 dollars to the $27 paid?

I know it has been stated in the thread, I am just typing out loud.

So the room was $25. The bellboy took $2 and the men got $3. $30. It’s bullshit wording.

The real question is, where are there $30 hotel rooms, that three guys stay in? (also stated in the thread. lol)

[quote=“brendansi,post:26,topic:26497"”]

I know it has been stated in the thread, I am just typing out loud.

[/quote]

you forgot the caps…

but each guy is paying 9 bucks for the room, 9 * 3 = 27 , bell boy has 2 dollars… WE’RE STILL MISSING A DOLLAR…

My bad on the caps. I always forget something. :stuck_out_tongue:

And no you’re not missing a dollar. I mean yeah, you are if you add $2/$5 taken away. Which makes no sense.

They originally paid $30. Each guy got $1 dollar back. So now we have that $27 the three guys paid. Now the bellboy took $2. Now we have the $25 dollars the room really cost.

There is $5 left over. $3 went to the guys, and $2 went to the bellboy. :gotme:

shhhhh, I’m just trying to stir things up lol

My bad again. I am on a roll tonight

:beer: + intrawebs + math problems do not mix. Now to finish my paper. :bloated:

but what if this hotel room was located inside a helicopter that was trying to take off of a giant spinnning platform???1? would the copter take off?? omg??

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:31,topic:26497"”]

but what if this hotel room was located inside a helicopter that was trying to take off of a giant spinnning platform???1? would the copter take off?? omg??

[/quote]

Only if the tread mill is going at 0.9999999~ MPH

lol

If seven chocolate bars and one bag of jelly beans cost $0.36 and 10 bags of jelly beans and one chocolate bar cost $0.15, how much is a chocolate bar?

:smiley:

Ok the guys only paid 8.3333333 dollars a piece, then they gat a dollar back to make it 9.3333333, the bell boy got the other two dollars making $30.

Done and Done.

[quote=“drvnkd,post:33,topic:26497"”]

If seven chocolate bars and one bag of jelly beans cost $0.36 and 10 bags of jelly beans and one chocolate bar cost $0.15, how much is a chocolate bar?

[/quote]

Let X= one chocolate bar
Let Y=one bag of jelly beans

Given
7X+Y=.36
X+10Y=.15

7x+Y=.36 => X=(.36-Y)/7

Thus

(.36-Y)/7 + 10Y = .15

continuing

.36/7 - Y/7 + 10Y = .15

and

(71/7)Y = .0985

Y = .01 dollars
X = .05 dollars

Solution:
That’s some damn cheap candy.

[quote=“Violator,post:23,topic:26497"”]

you DONT add in the $2 the bellboy kept… you subtract it to reach the $25 room price

[/quote]

Exactly. The way its worded, we are to assume the 3 dollars returned never existed. So when you add 2, you only get 29.

Keep everything in subtraction terms and its $30.

[quote=“newman,post:35,topic:26497"”]

Let X= one chocolate bar
Let Y=one bag of jelly beans

Given
7X+Y=.36
X+10Y=.15

7x+Y=.36 => X=(.36-Y)/7

Thus

(.36-Y)/7 + 10Y = .15

continuing

.36/7 - Y/7 + 10Y = .15

and

(71/7)Y = .0985

Y = .01 dollars
X = .05 dollars

Solution:
That’s some damn cheap candy.

[/quote]

damn engineers :smiley:

edit:
http://www.maryland.us.mensa.org/Mini-Quiz.pdf

[quote=“Violator,post:23,topic:26497"”]

[/quote]

right thats how i looked at it, i dont under stand what is so hard/confusing about it.

they paid $30, room was actually $25. bellboy gives $3 of the $5 back and keeps $2. 3+2 = 5; 25+5 = 30. they didnt pay $9 they paid 9.33 each

[quote=“drvnkd,post:37,topic:26497"”]

damn engineers :smiley:

edit:
http://www.maryland.us.mensa.org/Mini-Quiz.pdf

[/quote]

lol. that’s on a mensa exam? I think that’s like regents course 2 math. LOL

i have less respect for mensa people after that “quiz”…