Can you figure this out?

got this in an email a few minutes ago…thought it was rather interesting…

[FONT=‘Courier New’][SIZE=2]This will Mess With Your Head[FONT=Arial] :

3 Men go into a motel. The man behind the desk said the room is $30, so each man paid $10 and went to the room.

A while later, the man behind the desk realized the room was
only $25, so he sent the bellboy to the 3 guys’s room with $5.

On the way, the bellboy couldn’t figure out how to split the $5
evenly between the 3 men, so he gave each man $1 and kept the other $2 for himself.

This meant, that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27. Add in the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29.

Where is the other dollar?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Stupid wording makes it seem like a dollar gets lost. Lets work it backwords.

Each guy pays 10*3=30
Only 25, 5 bucks goes back.
A dollar per each guy plus 2 to the bellboy.

25+3+2=30?

i have no idea, but im sure when we find out the answer it will be one of those “oohhhhhh yeah, how did i NOT see that???” things lol

its interesting because if each guy originally paid $10, and each was refunded $1…that means each only paid $9…9x3=27…+ $2 bellboy = $29

i dunno if its just because i am way over tired, but that is fucked up LOL

Think of it this way. 30-2=28

28/3=9.333333333333333333333333333333333333333
the .333333333333333333333333333333333333’s add up to other dollar.

ive heard this b4 and still dont understand it haha

The treadmill the plane was on took the other dollar

im with you…lol. im sure if it had something to do with horsepower and buying parts, i would have had it right away LOL…maybe its the fact that 3 men are getting a room together that makes me NOT want to figure it out LOL

its bullshit wording, the bellboy stole $2 thats where it went. if he had given it back it would be $8, $8, and $9, or $7, $9,$9 or any other combination.

are you sure? lol. it says he took $2 because he didnt know how to split it evenly. 7,9,9 or such combos are not even…

Who cares if its even, so one guy buys coffee the next morning.

Ok if you dont like that, lets use REAL math, X-5 != (1/3(x)-1) - 2/3

wow…your taking this way to seriously LOL.
being even matters because it clearly states that the reason the bellboy took the $2, was because he didnt know how to split it up evenly.

sorry man, <<–math major we do this shit for fun.

We get sorta heated when we see numbers used to confuse, exploitation of ignorance and all.

[quote=“FightinMike,post:13,topic:26497"”]

We get sorta heated when we see numbers used to confuse, exploitation of ignorance and all.

[/quote]

but it is true that each man paid, 9 dollars a piece… and the bell boy has 2 dollars … no matter how you look at it…

and you get heated over everything… Blood being wipe on your head, bam good by door jam to my bathroom… sucking at darts, good by nice dart set as you baseball it in to the stud snapping it… my boxers that i’ve been wearing for the entire day with horrible gas being pushed onto your face… three foot hole in my wall…

<<< math failure here LOL…i just like a good brain teaser from time to time…especially when im not the only one who doesnt get it right away…makes me feel less dumb LOL

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:14,topic:26497"”]

but it is true that each man paid, 9 dollars a piece… and the bell boy has 2 dollars … no matter how you look at it…

and you get heated over everything… Blood being wipe on your head, bam good by door jam to my bathroom… sucking at darts, good by nice dart set as you baseball it in to the stud snapping it… my boxers that i’ve been wearing for the entire day with horrible gas being pushed onto your face… three foot hole in my wall…

[/quote]

lmao…wtf?

wtf! i dont get it…i mean, how… wtf?:bloated:

[quote=“FightinMike,post:13,topic:26497"”]

[/quote]

soooo mr math major… how much did each person pay for the room?

edit: ooooo excited, the tension will be as thick as pee soup, or marcus posting more pictures of himself shirtless, after a week of fakin bakin

just wait til the next time im drunk at your place,

(you forgot when you told me i was too nice to cut your couch and I took a razor to it)

EDIT: each person paid 9 dollars eventually, however their assumptions of addition and subtraction are wrong thats why the answer is wrong.

[quote=“FightinMike,post:19,topic:26497"”]

just wait til the next time im drunk at your place,

(you forgot when you told me i was too nice to cut your couch and I took a razor to it)

[/quote]

yes, i remember… and when you banked my head off a night stand cause a flying drunken leap through me and the door seemed like a good idea…