can't play game with new widescreen monitor

we had a 19 inch 4:3 monitor before but we just bought a 22" widescreen and now i can’t play san andreas. i was just wondering if its because i was running the game with a resolution of 1600:1200 or something like that, it won’t let me start the game up now, is it because of the resoultion conflicts. Thanks

update vid card drivers to start…

i just updated it

You’ve got the right idea. Most likley the resolution of your new monitor doesn’t go that high. Just grab the old monitor and swap it in for a sec. Go into the game and drop down the resolution to it’s lowest setting. Then swap back to the new screen and bump it back up to a resolution the new screen can handle.

ok my old monitor was a 19" dell i don’t know what it was but i was playing the game at 1600:1200. my new monitor will go up to that, i switched the resolution to that and i still couldn’t load the game, worst case scenario i will just reinstall it, does anyone know which fills are the saved ones for gta san sndreas, i took a look but couldn’t really find anything

This sounds like its going to be something very weird.

Give make and model of the vid card and monitor.

GTA:San Andreas does not support widescreen monitors.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Master_Games_List_-_A

Widescreengamingforum has all the info you’re looking for,you’ll need a hack or patch.

ok, i read the stuff and all but i was wondering if anyone used this. i have gtasa version 2 but all of this stuff is for version 1-1.2 should i try this anyways? thanks

even if it doesnt support widescreen, wouldnt it just give black bars on the sides?

sounds like it can’t support the refresh rate the old monitor was set at. I’d uninstall (and delete the rockstar folder(s) as well as the saved game folder in my douments) and then re-install and see if that helps… make sure to backup your saved games. If you actually want it running in widescreen, I’d check out the GTA forums and see what others have done to get it working ok.

I could of swore that GTA:SA supported widescreen… havent played it in a few months though

Version 2 is a locked out version of GTA, 99% of any patches will not work.

Version 2 is a locked out version of GTA: SA, 99% of any patches will not work.

this is true… v2 is the suck