Car Amp Repair

Does anybody know of anyone local that repairs car amps? If you do please let me know. Thanks Bill

what kind of amp is it? whats wrong with it?

is the amp worth it. Man, its really hard to find a good repair place. I do not reccommend Hi Fi Hospital either. DB-R online has great reviews but I have never used them.

depends on the make and model of the amp. If its a cheap amp (ie pyramid/rockwood/pyle) toss it, but if its somthing decent (phoenix gold, soundstream, JL audio) then get it fixed, or at least look into it.

yunvme666 fixed mine and did an awesome job. depending what it is it may be better off buying a new one.

Shouldn’t this be in the car electrical section?

hi-fi hospital is no more… store’s all boarded up. drove by the other day and noticed…

The amp is definitely worth fixing, it is a HiFonics Aphrodite Gen VII 6 channel. I dont think it is a major problem. When its in 6 channel mode which I want to use, 5 out of 6 channels work fine but one has very little sound coming from it. I am not sure if it is an internal crossover problem or a problem with the channel itself. When i switch to 4 channel the speaker that i had hooked up worked. I think its probably a minor problem but i am not sure where to look or what to check. This is a Big Old cheater amp and they dont make them like this anymore. If it was an average run of the mill amp i would just buy a new one.

If the thread is in the wrong section i apologize the mods can move it.

Thanks again.

i can probably look at it and tell you what it needs, but im kinda out of playing with car audio for a while so i dont know when i could even touch it…where are you located?

I am right by the Galleria Mall. I am not in a big hurry for it I still have a radio in there that works for now. I installed all the wiring for it and i can just leave it for now. I could show you exactly what it is doing if you need me to bring it out to you at your convenience I would gladly do that and appreciate if you could take a look at it whenever you get time. Thanks a million Bill

ohhh shutupp, youll be doing car audio till you die

I know it isn’t local, but United Radio in Syracuse is a great shop to use. They are not cheap, but the amp is probably worth it.

Really…? This is who I would have suggested. I took my Alpine HU in to them when the RCA jacks where acting up. The guys where really cool. They are old school electronic guys. I would go back. If you had a bad experience I would give them another shot.

They charge me $80 to fix my HU. I figured it was worth it. You can take the AMP there and just talk to them.

My $.02

bill was cool in the beginning. then he would charge high prices for little shit. not to mention he wouldn’t trying to stop sell that excel garbage

we sent a amp in there to get fixed, a few days later it blew up again. They wouldnt even look at the amp let alone repair it for free. and if I remember correctly, the work was shitty. terrible solder joints and what not.

Hmm. Thanks for the input.

no prob, not like it matters now since they are out of business.

Thanks for the input guys but I fixed it today myself. I kind of knew it was nothing major so i pulled it apart, cleaned all the switches, buttons and connections with DeoxIt. I thought it may have just needed a good cleaning and had a lot of success with older stereo equipment and DeoxIt. Put it back in and all channels came in loud and clear, the switches and buttons must have had a lot of Oxidation on them. I appreciate the offer yunvme666 but the 15 dollar DeoxIt did the trick.