Vintage Electronics Repair

Anyone know of any place that is capable of servicing early 70-eras transistor amplifiers. Normally I’d consider getting a new amp, however in this case I can’t find any modern amplifier under the $500+ range that can even come close to the sound/build quality of this amp.

Mainly I’m having an issue with the right channel not sure if it’s the pre-amp, or main amp that is problem as I lack an oscilloscope to test it. However after it warms up after 10-20 minutes or so the right channel starts getting some random noise introduced (like it’s shorting) and then I’m assuming either a thermal, or overload safety is being triggered causing one of the power relays shuts down to prevent damage.

I can pull the fuses to the right channel, to prevent this however then that leaves me with out the right channel. But if anyone either knows of someone/place that can fix it or has access to an oscilloscope so I at least narrow down the problem it would be most appreciated.

Just curious do you have the make and model #…i can see what I can do for you

Sansui AU-9500

I was looking into replacing it on ebay but I’ve found for 35 year+ old amp they are quite pricey in working order.

Hi-fi hospital… may be a lil expensive… but they can probably repair it for ya.

Taken there estimate is $75 it will probably be more once they realize half the parts in that were custom built to Sansui’s specifications. So I’m about at half of what I’m willing to spend to fix it

Go talk to Matt @ The Speaker Shop. Its located on Main St across from UB South. He fixed my old McIntosh amp a couple of years ago.

Went Hi-Fi hospital, damn expensive but well worth it got it back today. Sounds as clean & clear as it did beforehand well worth it. :twaytheheckup: