Amplifier Repair Needed!

Hey just wondering if anyone on here has any electrical knowedge and can fix my amp.
The problem:
It blew all three 40 amp fuese and now goes into protect mode and keeps blowin the fueses.
I dont wanna just scrap the amp cause It is a good powerfull JBL amp around 1200W RMS.
Thanks for your help.

Hifi hospital on transit. Your probably looking at a 150 dollar bill.

I was thinkin about stoppin by there on monday but if its that much than piss on it.

I’m just guessing a max. But I think generally it’s about 100 for most places to do something like this. You blew the low side inputs and some other shit, parts will be in the 35 range and with all the labor for testing and repair it adds up fast. With a junk amp like jbl just get another or a different brand.

JFK Electronics > all

Where is that at?

JFK Electronics
Cheektowaga, NY
(716) 668-7858
jfkelec@adelphia.net
www.JFKElectronics.com

google is your friend.

cheektowaga somewhere. they’re probably in the phonebook. thats where my dad takes his vintage stuff

Thanks thats right by my house. Sorta.
Will defintely check em out.

i wouldnt take shit to hifi.

those JBL 1200.1s once in a while can burst into flames, and usually arent worth fixing but id still look into it, they are pretty solid when working properly. Reminds me of a kid around here that was running his earthquake PHD2 Shredder at 1 ohm, it was putting out like 2600-2800 wrms but eventually let go one day, the circuit board was burnt to all hell, just no way it was ever getting fixed haha.

Yeah I loved that thing it worked great good sound quality and very powerfull untill… well it took a crap.
BTW I’m not running it that hard the thing barely ever gets warm.

pmed

Replied to

brian,

who do you know or do you do it?? PM me. I am looking for someone good. NO BS

PMED.

I took my Receiver to Hifi, they did a great job, sounds like new. $100 I think

X…

I took an old vintage amp of mine to Hi-Fi as well was one of the few places I could find that would touch the thing. Pricey, but I can’t argue with results still works great a few years later.

db-r electronics www.db-r.com very good