CAR HELP..:( plug wires do this or?

Would needing new spack plug wires result in a cylender shutting off an d a chugging coming from the exhust when you press the gas? and at idle the car feels like it wants to stall and just shakes and is runnig on 3 clyenders…casue my car is doing this and i thoguht it was the timeing chain but maybe i hope its the wires…anyone know anything like this?

how do you know it’s running on 3… did you check for spark and fuel on all 4 cylinders?
check your compression while you’re at it.

Well i dont know for sure that it is running on 3…i actally dident even look into it my friend did…i havent really looked for myself or done a test…i guess im an idiot. lol…anyways you have any idea what would casue this?

it seems to only happen when the engine heats up too… when i first start it its fine

dude, your car is running like poo… you need to pop your hood and check some sh!t out. make sure you’ve got fuel and fire all across and go from there.

I jsut replaced the fuel pump …sending unit and filter, so i should be getting fuel…but yeah you are right i should check it out more beforei post again…ill look at it tomaorw some one then post again with what i find maybe then it will be a more clear if i still need help…thanks guys…er…guy…lol

Don’t forget to check the injectors.

This happened to my moms intrepid… when i’d press the gas the car would lagg and shake up knowing that a cylinder wasn’t being fired. 5 cylinders were only working at the time and all u felt was a vibration…new wires and plugs solved it all.

while the cars running…pop off a spark plug wire…if the idle changes its good…put it back on and go to the next. If the idle doesnt change somethings wrong…its either the contacts in the distributor, wires, plugs, fuel injector or your cyl is ka-pooche(ie no compression so get it tested).

Alright me and my friedn did some things tonite…clyender # 2 is the problem i took it out when it is chugging and nothing changes to # 2 is not even working…spart plugs are fine and so are the wires so next was the injectors…right now i have the fuel rail off with the 4 injecters but they look fine i mean what do i look for? we stoped there becasue it was getting late…so tommaorw i dunno what elese were going to look for…if its none of those things…

any advice? also is there anyway to just get indivual injecters instead of the hole fuel rail ? becasue other 3 are working fine it would suck if i had to replace the rail for 1 injector?

anyway advice wanted :slight_smile:

Swap the injector with another one and i think you can use a DVOM to check the injectors to see if their getting the right/proper signal. Not sure how you can see that its working with the DVOM tho…

What is a DMOV…sorry for the stupid questions…never done this type of thing before…

DVOM= Digital Volts Ohms Meter Its a fancy test light that gives you a digital readout. They can be had at CT for like 30-40 bucks and their VERRRRY usefull when wiring anything…i use it all the time. Take care.

I see,thanks…so if its noone of these things after i test them i guess compression test…its a really wierd problem because it only happens sometimes like when i stop the car and only after driving for a few minutes…ugh…this sucks.

I am having pretty much the exact same problem rite now… I also just changed my fuel pump… I just got plugs and wires a month ago and there is spark… my brother is an apprentice mechanic and he changed the crank sensor and it is still having this problem… he suggested it could be the ignition module… but he said i should try changing my MAF frist… to me it seems like a timing issue… it idles fine most of the time but after driving it for a bit, when i accellerate it chugs and misses… if i stop it idles roughly and sometimes even stalls… if it doesnt stall the idle goes back to normal after about a minute… can anyone help me… and GTChampion if u fixed this problem what was it?

lucas changed his injector i beleive

Yes i had to change number 2 Cyl fuel injector, i figured it out by when your car does this chugging take out a plug wire…if the car does not change idol at all…then the cyl is not running, and thats the injector you need to change if it does change idol…well put it back in and find the one that is not running.

if it turns out you need to get 1 fuel injector do not go to nissan they want 200$ …and napa wants like 300$… find a place that has a rebuilt one i got mine for 90$

holy, man u do know u could have got sr injectors for 100-150 and retuned ur ecu for like another 100 could have gained hp

so it wasn’t ur spark plug?

no not for me it was in fuel injector