car issue need help

Ok, so I am sure you all know by now I am not a car person, so I am hoping someone can help out with an issue I am having.

Recently I have been detecting the scent of gasoline when I am in my car. Usually this occurs after my car has been running for awhile. I know this is limited information, but does anyone have any insight about this? Thanks in advance!

Raylene

did you ever get that cat fixed?, I know in mt old buick when the cat went I had a strong smell of gas / exhaust…

x2

knowing what kind of car would help

acura integra and i didm’t get the cat fixed. i figure i don’t have to since the car is registered in Butler county :slight_smile:

what year is the car i know chevy has a 8 year 80000 mile warntie n cats

what does chevy’s warranty have to do with an Integra? :dunno:

Get the Exhaust fixed Ray… :tounge: :steelers: :steelers:

you know, i was thinking about that, but hey what do i know. that may be a good call Brad! thanks!

Ya… real good call… don’t 'know how the hell u drive around with that broke… probably would make me sick to my stomach with that smell

well it doesn’t smell that bad, just a scent… like I said :slight_smile:

get it fixed :rofl:

^ Dammit I thought you would say that!

do you also ride around on E and wonder why you ran out of gas also ? :slight_smile:

How did you know!?!? I thought putting a new battery in the fuel tank gauge would help that go away!

the clogged cat is collecting unburn gas… you are smelling it because you are sitting ontop of it!

If its in butler (the lovely county I work in), then just have someone take it off and punch it out. As long as its still there…"“THERE”", it’ll pass visual. :bigok:

Will that fix the problem I have with smelling gas? Also I am in CT now, so what can I tell the mechanic to do? I hate to replace the whole thing if I don’t have to and I don’t plan on coming home for inspection until the summer.

Thanks!

it will make it better. the cat is filled with a specific array of precious metals that break down harmful gases and shit into water and 02. But when it clogs it cant to this, and the fumes will build up and seep into the passenger compartment.

And no, i wouldnt ask a random mechanic to do that, becasue technically tampering with emisson equipment is in violation of federal law. you can probably pick up a cheapo aftermarket high flow cat for much cheaper than a factory replacement.