96 teg issues..

okay so last week I was late for work so I drove the car hard with no issues… PArked it and worked my shift and came back to my car to find out IT HAD NO POWER!.. 2 symtoms… idles kinda funny… no check engine light… and i have about 50 percent of the power that is use to have… when i floor it… IT MAKES A LOT OF WOT NOISE BUT I GO NO WERE FAST! i thought for a second maybe the timing belt skipped a tooth on the crank… but now im leaning towards the cat? Any opinions?

hey doug sounds like the cat to me …same thing happened on a buddys mx6 2 weeks ago…btw wanna help with some ze swaps???

I’ve heard a couple similar stories on other forums, and, yeah, it usually turned out to be the cat getting clogged up.

Cat clogging symptoms are like that. First thing I’d check is intake after that. Maybe a bag got sucked up on the filter or something?

The cat’s on Integra are VERY sensitive to anything being wrong. A simple slip of a wire and it will throw a CEL.

check for any vacuum leaks near the intake manifold. check to see if the thermostat is stuck open/closed. if the car almost shuts off entirely, check the alternator. for the roaming idle, clean out the fitv and iacv. if you need some threads on how to do that let me know.

if it is the cat, and you decide to replace it, i have a good one off of a '95 jdm Sir-G Integra (similar usdm gsr) let me know if you want it, im not sure if the 95-96 obd change will make a difference, the cat i have is an obd1