Well the Integra is dead.

Well it happened. The motor has shit the bed. Heres the story leading up to end.

Tuesday night when me, derek, JP, and Pat were heading to Monroeville to meet the regulars at BWW. When I got off the turnpike I noticed that the valvetrain seemed a bit noiser than usual. After we met up and I went to leave the motor didnt sound very good. It had a huge miss right were VTEC engages. So I went to check the valve clearences and I noticed the timing belt had alot of slack on it. After further investigation I noticed that the intake cam jumped. Know that my piston/vavle combo would not allow for such a thing without hitting I just hoped nothing got messed up.

Well last night, put the new belt and tensioner on it. Started the car and still seemed a bit noisy. So I did a compression check on it and got some fucked up readings. So I thought maybe the motor wasnt warm enough. I started it back up and all you hear is a extremely loud RAP RAP RAP RAP. I went throught everything. Rechecked timing, valve clearence, and any thing that might have came off. After kicking the car a few times I got digusted and went in the house.

Looks like I have to rip apart the dam motor and see what the shit happened.

sorry bud,that sucks!:frowning:

Sorry to hear Tony

Turbo time?:smiley: :cool:

:eek3: ouch… sorry to hear that tony

wow that sucks. sounds like dante’s integra :tounge:

Originally posted by VictorSmalls
Sorry to hear Tony

Turbo time?:smiley: :cool:

yeah rite… with what my millions of dollars:(

:smiley:

well great news,

I found out what happened, for some magical reason a lil screw fell off the comp tester into the cylinder, I ripped the head off and shit was kinda funked up.

I just took a dremel, polished down the rough spot and the head and piston, slapped the shit back on and wam. works fine.

just need to do the valve clearences and the patient should be fine

:cool:

glad to see shit worked out for ya man:D

:cool: