sounds like rushing air and no real power

Yeah so my 90 just got a newerish motor in it new clutch and a whole bunch of junk, anyways it seems to have absolutly no power, I went from 91 ocatain to 89 but i dont think it would make that much of a differance,

Its like the clutch is slipping because of the amount of throttle I am giving it and its just not picking up, Also when i step on it it sounds like a lot of air being forced out in my engine bay.

I dunno if it matters or not but my revs keep chainging, not like the normal 240 rev jump but truley changing, one light it will be like 700 rpm and then the next like 1200 rpm, and there constant, it picks one rpm and stays. And When i get on her hard it always seems to want to die at the lights but when i drive her normally she is fine. OH And it takes a real long time for the revs to drop when i clutch in.

WTF is going on.

Please help.

you could be running on only 3 cylinders

You’ve got a lot of work to do it sounds like…take it one step at a time.

Start with an overall inspection and maybe a few basic tune-up bits. Clean out your IACV with TB cleaner with the car running (revving to keep alive) and inspect entire intake system, also clean TB. Check grounds. Make sure to find out positively whether your clutch is actually slipping or if it might just be a loose throttle cable (you should check that BTW for sure!) or a TPS issue causing the crappy throttle response/power etc. Air sounds from engine bay could possibly be an intake or exhaust leak.

If car was on 3 cylinders it would be steady bad power and sound like a WRX lol…

There is so many other things too…just keep us up to date with details…

Best of luck!

alright sounds like a saturday project, Then sunday.

Thanks guys

Your idle problem could contributed to a vacumm leak. Check that your air system is air tight and there’s no holes in any of the lines.

No power could be a timing issue. If the motor you put it does’nt have the distributer set in the correct position, that will make you lose power.

Do all the usual checks and we’ll take it from there. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

Take care brother.

Easy 8)