Need help with some problems

I just recently purchased a 1993 240sx se. It was in my price range so I expected there to be some problems so I saved around $1500 to fix it if there was…here’s a list of what I notice was wrong and if anyone can give me some insight into what these problems might I thank you in advance

1. slight squeeking noise from rear wheels…it’s constant but I can really hear it when breaking.

2. engine idles at 500, 700 rpm don’t know if this is proper but doesn’t really feel like it cause the shifter kinda rattles a little bit. After decelerating it would do a slight jump from 700rpm to 1300rpm then back down.

3. when shifting at high rpm the clutch feels like it slips even in neutral I hear no grinding but the clutch feels like it’s not catching.

4)At around 4000rpm and hear air blowing like a intake but I don’t have one. It’s a blowing sound like air is escaping somewhere.

Well that’s about it for now…if anyone can help me with these problems it would be greatly appreciated.

I also need help in getting and installing an sr. I have about $9000 ready. I’m saving for a little more in order to do a proper job myself so I need the car to last me the winter and spring. Thanx in advance for the help

I think i can help u with number 1. The 240’s were made with an audible brake warning (well the 89 was, prolly the same for 93 tho). Trying changing the pads. Umm and u have 9 grand for an sr? Dude id use that for an RB swap, hell and prolly have money left over. Just my opinion.

thanx I solved the first problem…the other 3 I still have to check. I also hear a sound that sounds like my timing chain is loose…can anyone direct me on how to tension it or check it for wear?

if u hear a almost random sounding rattle from the front of the engine thats the timing chain hitting the upper timing chain guide, what u can do is remove the upper timing chain guide and it will go away, if the sound come back later it means ur timing chain is hitting ur valve cover and its time to get a new engine or get the timing chain done on urs if its in good shape.