CAR LOAN QUESTION.

because if it’s stolen, lit on fire, lost in a flood, etc the bank needs to have a way to recoop their money since there is no more collateral.

it’s fairly unlikely that you’ll only have a point or two more on an unsecured personal loan than an auto loan.

my dads using his car as collateral.

hes co-siging it.

im pretty sure through the credit union, i can get cheap aprs.

its fairly unlikely that a bank would finance a 1991.

my brother does the same with the Miata…he has statefarm as well as do I…

even a personal loan they might ask u what u are buying so they can see what kind of collateral they can use on ya…

guys… guys… if you dont know already what his snky is… here are pics

http://www.catskill.net/walton/school%20bus.jpg

or

http://www.stillruns.com/foodcourt/ice_cream_truck.jpg

he is debating between the 2

what can i say?

yellow is fast :gotme:

Bigg ass turbo.

Yeah but the ice cream truck will attract more chicks in the age range youre looking for. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

OH NO YOU DIDNT!

i was thinking the same.

but then i realized.

35-40 girls @ once using me for my cream.

or just a few, using me for my ice cream.

plus the idea of randomly stopping every few hundred feet and whippin out that stop sign with the flashing lights, would be awesome.

HERES A SERIOUS QUESTION.

I GET PERSONAL LOAN.

BUY CAR THIS WEEK.

BUT I DONT REGISTER IT UNTIL SPRING.

DO I???

Have the bill of sale and whatnot dated the day i buy it.

or do i date it, the day i register it.

And…if a title is signed over, will i have to register it?

or can i get the title and register it later?

Beck, it’s a really bad idea not to have at least comp on a car u are making payments on. My uncle dropped it on a truck he had years ago and it got stolen. he had over three years of payments to make on a truck he didn’t have anymore. i’m sure it sucked.

NO you do not have to register it if the title is signed over, YOU DONT sign the back of the title if you dont wanna register it, aslo date the bill of sale the day you give the cash to the seller and take the car…

what double j said… if it gets stolen, burned, hit, etc etc… sucks to make payments on an imaginary object…

This sounds like a great idea :roll: make a bunch of financial mistakes just to stay :snky:

x…

lol… :word:

You can TITLE ONLY without registering. that’s actually what I’ve been meaning to do… for 5 months now.

corrections for the misinformation in this thread

NOT ALL CARS REQUIRE FULL INSURANCE IF YOU GET A LOAN

it is THE BANKS DECISION … my s10 loan required full coverage, the lebaon i specificly asked and was specificly told that i didnt need full coverage … all i needed was state minimum

another thing … the bank will never find out if you drop coverage that they require, noone notifies them …

and about the bill of sale … get TWO bills of sale … one FULLY filled out as if it was going on the road 10 minutes later, the second one filled out the same EXCEPT LEAVE THE DATE BLANK

fill out the title w/ everything EXCEPT the DATE

if the cops ever ask about the car, BEFORE its registered, you have a proper bill of sale, but THEN when you go to the dmv, you take the “other” bill of sale and writre in the current date, and do the same with the title

that way the dmv doesnt bitch at you about "why are you just registering a car you bought 3 months ago?

it varies on the value of the vehicle on whether u need comp/coll at most credit unions. Most banks u are required to maintain full coverage. They are protecting their collateral.

I am buying the car for pretty much what he paid for it a while back.

The guy i am buying the car from, said he had a hassle getting a car loan for the amount of money, because in the banks eyes…it wasnt worth it.

I might just insure both cars.

and drive the hotness on nice/no salt days.

personal loan is the way to go, if there may be a problem getting it financed

you know anyone who lives out of state? I pay to insure to cars registered out of state, as much as I paid to register one in NY