car needs painted + insurance ?

S

if the car is keyed what can be broke? anything that breaks is on the shop.most insurance companys only pay to fix damage and blend. i had a adjuster tell me if it dont match its on the shop.unless the bumpers are damaged more than likely they wont give you more money to paint the rest

I can’t see how they can send a supplement to the insurance company for something that has been keyed. You should have finished the job someone started for you before you turned it in .

wh

usually when its an insurance job anymore, any body shop will do it for what the check is for. just tell the shop its an insurance job and they pretty much have to do it for the amount of the check. otherwise they will mostly be out of a job anymore

yeah im hoping a local shop will do it. because i want all my bumpers painted too

what insurance you have? they will prob just spray and blend

mike, any good body shop will make sure it all matches/blends. if it doesn’t, bitch and they should make it right.

My crown vic was just hit. It was at the sho pand they found out that a few parts were messed up that they didn’t see on the estimate. The shop called their insurance and got it taken care of. I only heard about it after I had my car back.

If you take the car to a reputable shop, you have nothing to worry about.

The difference is that your Crown Vic was hit this was scratched .That is hard to write a supplement for . It is hard to justify to the insurance company how you found hidden damage from a scratch. Like red neck truck said take it to a good shop and don’t worry about it.

The insurance company will only give you the amount that they write for. If there is additional damage that is ACCIDENT RELATED that was missed on the estimate… the body shop can and will submit a supplement. However that does not mean they are going to get paid for anything extra that they want. If it is not accident related… they will not pay.

Any good body shop will be able to match the body to the bumpers/roof as long as the paint is in good condition. If its faded, etc… then its not the body shops fault that their new paint does not match your faded paint because you didn’t wax your car or keep it inside. Not saying thats your case… but just saying in general.

The insurance company is not going to pay for the roof, front, and rear bumpers to get painted, just because they are the only things that are not getting painted. We had a yellow Sunfire down here one time and we had to paint everything but the trunk lid (ins. wouldn’t pay to do whole car)… it was a good customer and we wanted to job to look good, so we took it upon ourselves to paint the trunk lid… but we did not get paid for it.

The only way that you are going to get the extras covered for free is to take it to a one guy shop that will eat the other labor of painting the bumpers and roof in order to get the job… but then again… who knows how the jobs gonna turn out… and to be honest… I doubt a one man shop would do all that for free… its not the labor, its the materials that kill you.

That is true… but mostly with collision… we will accept any insurance company’s estimate, we will do the work… if there is a labor rate, etc… we take it out on the insurance company at the end and they usually adjust the labor rate, etc… but that only applies to whats on the estimate… the roof, front, and rear bumpers are not on the estimate and I wouldn’t take the job knowing that I had to paint all the other parts for free… I would loose money… that’s a lot in materials.

have the ins company write the check to you, and do all the prep work yourself, then have a bodyshop spray it for you. It’s an idea.