Casual Christianity

GOOD! God sucks anyways

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/08/27/almost.christian/index.html?iref=NS1

he study, which included in-depth interviews with at least 3,300 American teenagers between 13 and 17, found that most American teens who called themselves Christian were indifferent and inarticulate about their faith.
The study included Christians of all stripes – from Catholics to Protestants of both conservative and liberal denominations. Though three out of four American teenagers claim to be Christian, fewer than half practice their faith, only half deem it important, and most can’t talk coherently about their beliefs, the study found.

Well this is nothing new. Thanks bing! :stuck_out_tongue:

You know what’s better than becoming a “fake” Christian? Not doing it

Lol, religion.

oh shit, i fall in that age group :stuck_out_tongue:

How doomed is your generation when people cant even be bothered to take part in a such a favorite American pastime, as falsely sucking gods dick as an excuse to be a pussy your whole life. :slight_smile:

GOD,…LULZ

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Oh and im christian cause my gf says if we have babies they have to be. SUPER LOL id say this makes case and point. Ps I really told her our kids will not be religious if we have some,.

all of you are going to hell!!!

OZ NOES!

It’s warmer than a Buffalo winter, amiright??

I think those numbers would be fairly accurate in any modern country for almost any religion.

religion’s hold on society is failing, and if this happens how will they make money and control politics?

duh, im driving the bus down there

Last time I was in church for something or other the sermon was complaining about how the young people are all “cafeteria catholics.” Said they are affiliated with the religion but go in and only order the parts of it they like, and ignore the parts that they don’t. That’s me exactly. I’ll take the eternal salvation, hold the celibacy, marriage, intolerance, and lack of option for an abortion. And stop pushing your damn morals already.

religion is soooooo 1950.

In the absence of religion, people “worship” their leaders / government. (North Korea, etc.)

Sheep will always be sheep to someone.

Sounds like me. I’m a church CEO. Christmas and Easter only, LOL. Going to (Protestant) church my whole childhood, the best thing I think it taught was to be a good person. I’d probably take my kids to the same church for the same reasons.

in the first world it’s less likely to happen because people will question actions they don’t like.

All religions will be at least mildly successful because there are always going to be people who need something to believe in. Hopefully any one doesn’t become too powerful and try to take control of the entire world.