cell phones: Cheap verizon Phones?

[left]I’m looking at getting a verizon plan and I know nothing about cell phones. Anybody familiar with the lineup or have suggestions? Looking for either free or $29.99 with online discounts. Some choices are the Samsung SCH-u340, Motorola V325i, Nokia 6215i, along with others that have a cheaper base price but no discounts.

[/left]

I take it you will only use this phone for gasp phone calls?

Anyhow, I vote Nokia. They’re solid phones. Good reception and durable. Either the 6215 which has a camera phone or the 2366i which has bluetooth. (Bluetooth lets you have those cordless earpiece things.)

LG’s are good too. Motorola’s have gotten kinda shady the last few years. Software problems and whatnot. I think Samsungs are OK, don’t really know though.

<–Wait’s for evolve to give a better answer.

Samsung.

Talk to EVOLVE. He is the goto guy for Verizon

that model nokia isnt really a nokia, its a pantech under nokia’s name (and in case you dont know, generally stay away from pantech’s, especially the 6215)

the v325i is ok, but moto’s on vzw are normally pretty sketchy (read: software glitches, freezing, poor battery life)

the samsung is seriously brand spankin new so i have no useful info on it other than if you live and play out in the country, beware samsung’s and internal antenna’s. but they are generally pretty good.

keep in mind buying in a retail location will get you the same price, and you know you have a face to go back and yell at if anything is set up wrong ( i’ve fixed my share of online sales mistakes). we dont charge for phone book transfers at my store either, and not just verizon phones, i can do pretty much every phone on the market and within the last 5-7 years or so.

yes i sell verizon, ive been doing it for over 3 years, i know the activations system like the back of my hand, so if you have any questions, feel free.

thanks for the help. I would much rather buy from a store. You still can do the same phone deals and free activation? Where are you located?

I got a Pantech because it was the only free phone with a camera. I didn’t care about the quality of pics, as I have a great digi cam. It sucks! Everytime I bend over it with it in my pocket, it presses buttons. I had about 56 pictures of the inside of my fucking pocket I just deleted. I actually miss the last Verizon phone I had, the one that was replaced 7 TIMES under warranty for various problems not caused by me. So stay away from the Pantech.:fyi:

activation is one of the trade off’s, as in it is not waived. and “online discounts” = mail in rebates (when purchasing in stores). its a trade off for getting personalized serivce and a local rep.

im in east aurora