Charlotte, NC

Taking a trip down to Charlotte next week to visit a buddy who’s been down there for a little while. Have most of the trip planned out, but was just wondering if anyone knew of any hot spots or must see/must do things in Charlotte. Here’s what we have going on so far:

Thursday: Arrive @ 12pm No Plans
Friday: 1-2-3 Country Night ($1 Beers, $2 Mixers, $3 Shots)
Saturday: NBA Bobcats Game and/or Santa Bar Hop ($15 for 8 Bars)
Sunday:Buffalo Bar for the game & than amateur night at a neighboring strip club.
Monday: Going to Atlanta for MNF (Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints)
Tuesday: Come home from Atlanta and depart @ 8pm

Once again any other good ideas would be appreciated.

in NO way am i into Nascar … lol

but charlotte motor speedway is sweet.

Ehhh Tryon St is pretty fun…their downtown/bar area…

There is a BassPro down there if you are into anything like that…

ummm…hrmmm…Charlotte Speedway…if there are any sort of races going on at this time of year

Go to

shoney’s restaurant!!!

you can always take ur own car for a spin?

Trade and Tryon is where most of the bars are. One good one that is off the path a bit is CANS. It’s awesome and about a 10 minute walk from uptown Charlotte.

Don’t waste your time at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The Buffalo Bar is Tavern on the Tracks. It’s also pretty sweet. If you have Bills gear, wear it.

CANS has an AWESOME breakfast/brunch buffet on the weekends

Thanks for the good advice…i’ll have to pack my retro 1989 Bills Sweater and 1990 AFC Champs Cordaroy Hat

BuckHead Saloon… Always Packed on the weekends. BoardWalk Billies in the University Area is my old hangout… Down the street from there is the Flying Saucer. *Live * local music… Jay Mathy is a local artist who fucking kicks ass! Re-Ra’s Downtown is an Irish bar that is alot of fun… ummm shit I can remember all the other fun hangouts… ill get back to you with more!

[quote=“00Audi00,post:8,topic:39454"”]

Thanks for the good advice…i’ll have to pack my retro 1989 Bills Sweater and 1990 AFC Champs Cordaroy Hat

[/quote]

don’t forget your ZOOBA pants!!! and they can’t be new, they have to be old and faded, maybe a little ripped

southern bells ftw

I live down here right now actually. Here are my impressions:

Lowes motor speedway: Its cool if youve never seen a super speedway but its a bit off the beaten path. If you do go, go durring normal business hours and they will let you into the speedway and walk around a little.

Uptown: Make sure to bring nice shoes! Uptown has a strict dress code and most places inforce it, especially on the weekends. You cant wear tennis shoes AT ALL. If you like clubs go to “Forum”. If you like bars go to “Ri-Ra’s”, “The Attic”, or “Phils”. “Cans” is cool too but its not my cup of tea. If you like salsa dancing, Thursday nights at “Cosmos” is kina cool. “Buckhead saloon” is also a good place.

University area: Out of all the university bars, I like “flying saucer” They have over 200 beers on tap IIRC. Its a lot of college kids so plan on everyone being <24. When you get hungrey durring the day, try going to 5 guys. There is one just off of Mallard Creek by W.T. Harris BLVD. They have the BEST burgers EVER.

If you find yourself in Huntersville, stop by Birkdale Village. Its kinda cool and I actually work there. Its like an outdoor mall type thing.

Also, Take a ride down Independence Blvd. Theres some nice car places there, specifically “Foreign cars Italia”. They are the local Ferrari and Austin Martin dealer. They also have some Porsche’s and Lamborghini’s.

CANS. FTW :wink:

X…

Dont waste your time at a shitty NBA game.

[quote=“DrImodium,post:12,topic:39454"”]

If you find yourself in Huntersville, stop by Birkdale Village. Its kinda cool and I actually work there. Its like an outdoor mall type thing.

[/quote]

Where do you work at?

fuck shoney’s. go to hardee’s

any last minute suggestions

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:15,topic:39454"”]

Where do you work at?

[/quote]

uh oh… lol