Cheap paint

Anybody else notice how cheap the paint is on their spec? I have a ton of rock chips on my hood and bumper and I have never been down a gravel road with this car yet.

It’s been talk about so many times on the Vboard. The paint on out cars is so thin and cheap.

Oh, the vboard bites so I don’t go there. I thought maybe it was just my car.

Nope it’s not just you… Have your car power pollished every year. You paint will last 2years max :E They can even buff the clearcoat of for yeah… Cheap nissan/renault

You want to see great Nissan paint, just have one look at the front end of my Blackout. :lol:

yah i have little rock chips along the side from having no splash guards, im investing in them now, but the owner before me neglected to get them. i also have a 3M tape on the front of my hood to protect against rocks and what not, id invest in it i like it and you can hardly see it!

too late for that now.

for me it is, but oh well. i can always prevent it from getting worse!

The paint sucks, Nissan had to save money on our cars somewhere, guess they figured the paint was the best place to start :rolleyes: :roll: :rolleyes:

What about the fullerbies, or the feline? Or was that just pure stupidity. :smiley:

dear god my front end is chipped to SHIT. i really want to get the hood/front bumper painted. and then 3M forsure. at least it looks okay far away though, but up close :?

im thinking of taking mine to the auto students at nait and see if they will paint my bumper for me!!! when i talk to someone ill pass the word and we can all line up for getting our bumpers painted, haha 1 per student

Mines so bad I just leave the bugs on the front to hide all the paint chips.

lol I’ve done this too…

It’s god awfull(my spec looks like it went through a war). The paint is worse than the tires; that’s saying something.

It’s nothing new to Nissan unfortunately.

My old 96 200SX pretty much has a matte finish now, and horrible looking bumper caps.

Maybe they contract Maaco to do their “Ambassador Paint finish”

count me in on this too…one of the many “joys” of owning a spec… :lol:

ill take a pic of how bad mine is in the near future maby tom if i get a chance.